|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is John Roebling born?
2. Which of the following famous people is NOT mentioned as having left the West for fame and fortune in the East?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Thomas Edison.
3. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of John Roebling's sons?
4. What does Thomas Pope call the bridge that would one day join Manhattan to Brooklyn?
(a) The Bridge of Dreams.
(b) The Bridge Spectacular.
(c) The Rainbow Bridge.
(d) The Great Bridge.
5. How many children does John and his wife Johanna have?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Roebling's bridge is launched, how many of his workers have died on the job?
2. Which of the following subjects does John Roebling study in school as a teenager?
3. How many cables does Roebling suggest could hold the Brooklyn Bridge?
4. What does John set out to do when he moves to America?
5. What is the name of the park that commemorates the inception of the Brooklyn Bridge plan?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)