|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is John Roebling born?
2. What staggering amount of money has John Roebling earned at the time his wife dies in 1864?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $10 million.
3. Who is Lucia Cooper?
(a) John's wife.
(b) John's sister.
(c) John's mother.
(d) John's daughter.
4. In which decade is the novel "The Great Bridge" set?
(a) The 1830s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1920s.
(d) The 1870s.
5. Which of the following is NOT an adjective Brooklyners use to describe the ferry boats they traditionally use to cross to Manhattan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does John and his wife Johanna have?
2. What are "The Eagle" and "The Union?"
3. How many feet of additional width are added to the bridge in order to ensure two-way traffic?
4. Which of the following is NOT an engineering feat Roebling cites as an example of greatness in comparison to his bridge?
5. How many pastors preach at John Roebling's funeral?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)