|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many feet of additional width are added to the bridge in order to ensure two-way traffic?
2. What crushes John's feet, leading to his toes being amputated?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A train.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A ferry.
3. What are the New York aldermen nicknamed in the 1850s?
(a) The "Band of Horsemen."
(b) The "Flying Dutchmen."
(c) The "Golden Parachutes."
(d) The "Forty Theives."
4. In which of the following school subjects does Tweed excel?
5. What is the name of the party John joins after Johanna's death?
(a) The Black Party.
(b) The Party of Mourning.
(c) The Bridge Party.
(d) The Party of Dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river in Pennsylvania does John famously carry the canal across?
2. Which of the following is NOT an engineering feat Roebling cites as an example of greatness in comparison to his bridge?
3. How much additional cost is incurred in order to widen the Brooklyn Bridge?
4. Which of the following metals does Roebling call "the metal of the future?"
5. Which of the following poets is a supporter of Roebling's bridge project?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)