|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the party John joins after Johanna's death?
(a) The Party of Dreams.
(b) The Bridge Party.
(c) The Party of Mourning.
(d) The Black Party.
2. Ellet offers $5 to the first boy who can do what across his bridge over the Ohio River?
(a) Ride his bicycle.
(b) Skip a stone.
(c) Fly a kite.
(d) Walk his dog.
3. Over what river is the first suspension bridge ever built?
(a) Thomas' Creek.
(b) John's Creek.
(c) Jacob's Creek.
(d) Michael's Creek.
4. What is the name of the park that commemorates the inception of the Brooklyn Bridge plan?
(a) Owl Head Park.
(b) Squirrel Nest Park.
(c) Deer Valley Park.
(d) Turtle Crossing Park.
5. How many children does John and his wife Johanna have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does "The Genuine Language of America" dub the "heroes of the Age of Progress?"
2. Which of the following modes of transportation stops the construction of "The Biggest Bridge in the World" in 1846?
3. What is Washinton Roebling's nickname?
4. What crushes John's feet, leading to his toes being amputated?
5. What does John set out to do when he moves to America?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)