|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something increased in bridges by the use of stays?
2. Which of the following is NOT a term used to describe John Roebling by his fellow townsfolk?
(a) An artist.
(b) A hero.
(c) An inventor.
(d) A free-thinker.
3. Which of the following names is NOT one of the engineers who attempts to build a bridge in this chapter?
(a) Edward Serrell.
(b) Thomas Telford
(c) Samuel Keefer.
(d) James Phancton.
4. Where is John working at the time of Johanna's death?
(a) In Cincinatti.
(b) In Pittsburgh.
(c) In Detroit.
(d) In Chicago.
5. Who is Lucia Cooper?
(a) John's daughter.
(b) John's sister.
(c) John's mother.
(d) John's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name Roebling's project carries at some point during its process?
2. Which of the following poets is a supporter of Roebling's bridge project?
3. What staggering amount of money has John Roebling earned at the time his wife dies in 1864?
4. How many cables does Roebling suggest could hold the Brooklyn Bridge?
5. What is Washinton Roebling's nickname?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)