|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Washington Roebling feel about having to speak for his father at meetings?
(a) He feels completely at ease.
(b) He feels completely terrified.
(c) He feels utterly confused.
(d) He feels somewhat nervous, but overcomes it.
2. How many pastors preach at John Roebling's funeral?
3. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of John Roebling's sons?
4. What is Washinton Roebling's nickname?
5. In which decade is the novel "The Great Bridge" set?
(a) The 1920s.
(b) The 1830s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1870s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river in Pennsylvania does John famously carry the canal across?
2. How is Colonel Washington related to John A. Roebling?
3. Over what river is the first suspension bridge ever built?
4. How many feet of additional width are added to the bridge in order to ensure two-way traffic?
5. What type of business does John Roebling start from scratch?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)