|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of the committee's formal approval of the Brooklyn Bridge are made and circulated?
2. Which of the following is NOT a term used to describe John Roebling by his fellow townsfolk?
(a) An artist.
(b) A free-thinker.
(c) An inventor.
(d) A hero.
3. Which of the following names is NOT one of the engineers who attempts to build a bridge in this chapter?
(a) Samuel Keefer.
(b) James Phancton.
(c) Thomas Telford
(d) Edward Serrell.
4. How long is the bridge Roebling builds across the Niagara Falls?
(a) 1,700 feet.
(b) 800 feet.
(c) 1,200 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
5. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of John Roebling's sons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John working at the time of Johanna's death?
2. Which of the following is NOT something increased in bridges by the use of stays?
3. What does John set out to do when he moves to America?
4. Which of the following metals does Roebling call "the metal of the future?"
5. How does "The Genuine Language of America" feel about on the job casualties?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)