|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business does John Roebling start from scratch?
(a) A wire business.
(b) A steel business.
(c) A wood business.
(d) A glass business.
2. How many cables does Roebling suggest could hold the Brooklyn Bridge?
3. How much does the project to build the Brooklyn Bridge cost?
(a) $1-2 million.
(b) $6-7 million.
(c) $14-15 million.
(d) $10-11 million.
4. How much additional cost is incurred in order to widen the Brooklyn Bridge?
5. What does Thomas Pope call the bridge that would one day join Manhattan to Brooklyn?
(a) The Bridge Spectacular.
(b) The Great Bridge.
(c) The Rainbow Bridge.
(d) The Bridge of Dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John A. Roebling do for a living?
2. Over what river is the first suspension bridge ever built?
3. Who is Lucia Cooper?
4. What does John set out to do when he moves to America?
5. What is the name of the party John joins after Johanna's death?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)