|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political party does Tweed align himself with in the novel?
(a) The Green Party.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The Independent Party.
(d) The Democrat Party.
2. What instrument does Washington play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The harp.
(c) The flute.
(d) The banjo.
3. What type of business does John Roebling start from scratch?
(a) A glass business.
(b) A wood business.
(c) A wire business.
(d) A steel business.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes William Tweed's business style?
5. What is the name of Washington's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions best describes Brooklyn Mayor, Martin Kalbfleisch?
2. Ellet offers $5 to the first boy who can do what across his bridge over the Ohio River?
3. How many ferries commute between Manhattan and Brooklyn each day?
4. Which of the following modes of transportation stops the construction of "The Biggest Bridge in the World" in 1846?
5. How does John react to the news that his wife, Johanna, has passed away?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)