|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks vacation does Kingsley take after news of his scandal breaks out in the papers?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
2. What is the name of the lumber company that falls under suspicion of scandal?
(a) Stump and Saw.
(c) Saw and Mill.
(d) Gold Lumber.
3. What position does Washington Roebling take on his father's construction team?
(a) Construction Manager.
(d) Assistant Engineer.
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Roebling's workers attempt to light the dark tunnels where they work?
(b) Kerosene lamps.
(c) Sun panels.
(d) Limstone lights.
5. Ellet offers $5 to the first boy who can do what across his bridge over the Ohio River?
(a) Skip a stone.
(b) Walk his dog.
(c) Fly a kite.
(d) Ride his bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what river is the first suspension bridge ever built?
2. Which magazine publishes Roebling's thoughts about the East River?
3. Which political party does Tweed align himself with in the novel?
4. How many men are killed during the river's "Great Blowout?"
5. What does "The Heroic Mode" promise to cure?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)