|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does "The Genuine Language of America" dub the "heroes of the Age of Progress?"
(a) Construction workers.
2. How does Roebling respond to the scandal surrounding Kingsley?
(a) He promotes him.
(b) He lowers his salary.
(c) He ignores the rumors.
(d) He fires him.
3. Which of the following is NOT something increased in bridges by the use of stays?
4. What position does Washington Roebling take on his father's construction team?
(a) Construction Manager.
(c) Assistant Engineer.
5. Which of the following famous people is NOT mentioned as having left the West for fame and fortune in the East?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Thomas Edison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kingsley voice a tirade against?
2. What is the name of the lumber company that falls under suspicion of scandal?
3. Which of the following is NOT a way Roebling's workers attempt to light the dark tunnels where they work?
4. Who do the newspapers label a quack?
5. Which of the following modes of transportation stops the construction of "The Biggest Bridge in the World" in 1846?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)