|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the shifts Roebling's men endure on a daily basis?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
2. How does Roebling respond to the scandal surrounding Kingsley?
(a) He ignores the rumors.
(b) He lowers his salary.
(c) He promotes him.
(d) He fires him.
3. How does "The Genuine Language of America" feel about on the job casualties?
(a) That they are avoidable.
(b) That they are too frequent.
(c) That they are inevitable.
(d) That they do not exist.
4. Which of the following elements is absorbed into workers' bloodstreams, forming bubbles that keep oxygen from reaching the tissues?
(b) Carbon Dioxide.
5. Ellet offers $5 to the first boy who can do what across his bridge over the Ohio River?
(a) Walk his dog.
(b) Fly a kite.
(c) Skip a stone.
(d) Ride his bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what river is the first suspension bridge ever built?
2. In which city is "The Biggest Bridge in the World" constructed?
3. What does "The Heroic Mode" promise to cure?
4. How long is the bridge Roebling builds across the Niagara Falls?
5. What is the one day of the week Roebling does not ask his men to come in for work?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)