|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Roebling to build the Allegheny Bridge?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 23 years.
2. How long are the shifts Roebling's men endure on a daily basis?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 15 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
3. How does "The Genuine Language of America" feel about on the job casualties?
(a) That they are inevitable.
(b) That they do not exist.
(c) That they are avoidable.
(d) That they are too frequent.
4. What is the name of the lumber company that falls under suspicion of scandal?
(a) Gold Lumber.
(b) Stump and Saw.
(d) Saw and Mill.
5. What does Murphy claim the engineers of the Brooklyn Bridge have a license to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which magazine publishes Roebling's thoughts about the East River?
2. In which of the following school subjects does Tweed excel?
3. While on strike, how much do the workers demand for a four-hour shift, to return to work?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Roebling's workers attempt to light the dark tunnels where they work?
5. Who do the newspapers label a quack?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)