|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does Washington study European bridges?
2. Which of the following animals does Dr. Smith perform tests on in the caissons, searching for a cure for the Bends?
3. Who is Washington Roebling named after?
(a) George Washington.
(b) John's best childhood friend.
(c) John's work colleague.
(d) His grandfather.
4. Which of the following men would be most susceptible to the Bends in Dr. Smith's study?
(a) Underweight men.
(b) Men who smoke.
(c) Men from minority backgrounds.
(d) Overweight men.
5. Which of the following is NOT a weather that slows down the spinning process on the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the shifts while digging the caissons on the Manhattan side of the bridge?
2. How many miles of wire are held inside each drum?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the titles given to John Roeblings by the business community after his death?
4. Which of the following is NOT a process each wire coil must go through to be strung from the bridge?
5. Which newspaper coins the term "The Gigantic Spinning Machine?"
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)