|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom Walker say he is digging a trench in Chapter 20?
(a) To build a fence.
(b) To put in a generator.
(c) To lay down land mines.
(d) To build a parking lot.
2. When does Chief Ward day Leni will be arraigned as Tom leaves in Chapter 30?
3. How is Large Marge's home described in Chapter 24?
(a) It is a large wood cabin.
(b) It is a small brick home.
(c) It is a large yurt.
(d) It is a refurbished barn.
4. What is the carved heart made of on the necklace that Matthew gives Leni in Chapter 17?
5. Where does Matthew say he was accepted into the university in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leni's father yell at the tourists on the bridge in Chapter 20 (243)?
2. Who is the serial killer that Leni mentions in her Personal Statement?
3. What is Leni studying in college in Chapter 27?
4. What is the distance (one-way) of the trail at the Bear Claw Wilderness Area?
5. Where does Leni have a part-time job in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does Part 3 of the novel begin?
2. How does Leni respond when she visits Matthew at the care facility in Homer?
3. How has the relationship between Leni and Matthew changed in Part 2?
4. How does Ernt respond when Leni calls out to Matthew for help in Kaneq in Part 2?
5. What plan do Leni and Cora devise immediately after Ernt's death?
6. What does Ernt begin building after Mad Earl's funeral? Why?
7. How does Large Marge help Cora and Leni after Ernt's death?
8. Why does Leni write a personal statement in Chapter 17? What is revealed in it?
9. How does Tom react when he meets Leni at the jail?
10. How does Leni respond to her home environment when she is released from the hospital in Part 2?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)