|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book about the last man alive on earth is described in Chapter 15?
(a) The Call of the Wild.
(b) Childhood's End.
(c) Last Days.
(d) Another Roadside Attraction.
2. How old does Lily Walker say she was when she came to Alaska in the newpaper article given to Leni for her eighteenth birthday?
3. When is the newspaper article that Matthew set aside as a birthday gift for Leni dated?
(a) July 4, 1972.
(b) July 4, 1970.
(c) July 4, 1965.
(d) July 4, 1979.
4. Where does Cora tell Leni to meet her in 40 minutes when Leni insists on saying goodbye to Matthew in Chapter 24?
(a) The America West counter.
(b) The Glass Lake counter.
(c) The Homer AirSkies counter.
(d) The Delta counter.
5. Where are Leni and Matthew airlifted after falling down the cliffside?
(a) To Homer.
(b) To Seattle.
(c) To Fairbanks.
(d) To Anchorage.
6. In Leni's Personal Statement, she opens her essay with a quote from whom?
(a) J. R. R. Tolkien.
(b) Billy Horchow.
(c) Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
7. What is Leni studying in college in Chapter 27?
(a) Creative writing.
(b) English literature.
(c) American history.
8. At what time does Ernt tell Leni he and Cora will return from their trip to buy a snow machine in Chapter 19?
9. Where is the graduation party to be held for Leni and Matthew in Chapter 18?
(a) The Kicking Moose Saloon.
(b) The Salty Dawg Saloon.
(c) The Harlan compound.
(d) Tom Walker's home.
10. What item does Large Marge give to Leni at the store in Chapter 23?
(a) A pregnancy test.
(b) A letter from the university.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter from Matthew.
11. Whose case went to the Supreme Court and impacted the way that domestic violence victims were treated, as noted in Chapter 27?
(a) Yvonne Wanrow.
(b) Alexandra Ross.
(c) Jessica Poe.
(d) Emily Warren.
12. What does Ernt consume himself with building on his property in Chapter 19?
(a) A boat dock.
(b) A wall.
(c) A goat pen.
(d) A smokehouse.
13. How old is Leni when she graduates college?
14. What kind of smell does Leni feels her mother's fear smells like when they get into the truck in Chapter 20?
15. What is next to Leni in the nightmare that she has in the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) An open book.
(b) A river.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A skyscraper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of novels does Leni consume during the month of June in Chapter 19?
2. What Shakespearean play is Leni's class studying in school in Chapter 15?
3. Why is Ms. Rhodes going to Homer on the day she asks Leni to teach in Chapter 16?
4. What does Leni's court-appointed attorney tell her to do at the arraignment in Chapter 30?
5. Who is the male star from Splendor in the Grass that is described in Chapter 19?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)