|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Geneva Walker from?
(b) New York.
2. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
3. For how long does Geneva Walker say she has lived in Kaneq in Chapter 4?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. Where does Leni's class go on a field trip in Chapter 6?
(a) Eaglet Cove.
(b) Grizzly Cove.
(c) Moose Cove.
(d) Owl Cove.
5. Who is the bartender at the Kicking Moose Saloon after Geneva's funeral?
(a) Old Jim.
(b) Old Mike.
(c) Old Pete.
(d) Old Jack.
6. In what vehicle do Leni and her family travel to Alaska?
(a) A Ford pickup.
(b) A VW bus.
(c) A VW bug.
(d) A Chevy pickup.
7. How many schools has Leni gone to in the past four years, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
8. Where in Alaska do Leni and her family arrive to take the ferry to their new home?
9. How old is Leni in the opening of Chapter 12?
10. What is Leni's last name?
11. When Natalie Watkins introduces herself in Chapter 4, she says, "You know what they say about finding a man in Alaska" (38). What is her assessment?
(a) "The men are scarce, but scared are the men."
(b) "Men are like salmon--they're always swimming upstream."
(c) "There's nary a soul in sight."
(d) "The odds are good, but the goods are odd."
12. What poem by Robert Service is quoted in Chapter 6?
(a) "The Steady Night and Day."
(b) "The Cremation of Sam McGee."
(c) "The Last Days of the River Dwellers."
(d) "The Hawks of Tomorrow."
13. Who is playing buckets as bongo drums at the barbecue in Chapter 5?
(a) Mad Earl.
(b) Large Marge.
(c) Eckhart Walker.
(d) Tom Walker.
14. When did 500 Japanese soldiers invade Kiska Island in the Aluetian Chain?
(a) June 6, 1942.
(b) May 23, 1940.
(c) September 15, 1944.
(d) July 12, 1948.
15. What sport is Matthew playing at his new school in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Matthew's sister away attending college?
2. Where did Leni live with her mother at a commune when Leni's father was in the service?
3. How many of every 1,000 Alaskans go missing each year, according to Large Marge in Chapter 3?
4. What did Ernt use to vandalize the saloon in town?
5. Who is the police officer that leads the search party in Chapter 8?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)