Chapters 1 - 2
1. To whom is the following quote from the novel's opening credited? "Nature never deceives us; it is always we who deceive ourselves" (6).
(a) John Muir.
(b) Henry David Thoreau.
(c) Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
2. In what year does Chapter 1 begin?
3. What novel is sitting next to Leni on her bed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) To Have and Have Not.
(b) Watership Down.
(c) The Grapes of Wrath.
(d) The Hobbit.
4. How many schools has Leni gone to in the past four years, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. What is Leni's last name?
6. Where had Leni's parents lived in a trailer park where her father had a good job as a mechanic?
7. During what war was Leni's father shot down and captured?
(a) The Iraq War.
(b) The U.S. War in Afghanistan.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
This section contains 3,919 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)