|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Bod does to get noticed?
2. What season do the flowers bloom?
3. What does the person at the gate do when Bod leaves?
4. How does Bod feel when he learns of Miss Lupescu’s death?
5. Where does Bod get a flower for himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jacks in trouble for?
2. What does Scarlett do that puts Bod in danger?
3. How is Scarlett able to remember Bod?
4. What gets Bod upset before the Danse Macabre?
5. How is it decided that Bod will no longer go to school?
6. What helps Bod be successful at school?
7. What does Mrs. Owens say before Bod leaves the graveyard?
8. What does Mo do to the other students at school?
9. How does Bod feel during the Danse Macabre?
10. What strange things does Scarlett find when she researches the death of Bod’s family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Life and Death were two opposing and yet intricately related themes in the novel. How are these themes presented, and what message(s) was sent by the inclusion of this theme in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Lupescu’s death is very shocking to Bod. How does Miss Lupescu die, and what does this symbolize to Bod?
Essay Topic 3
Bod risks a lot to give a gift to Liza. What is this gift, and what does this symbolize to them?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)