|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mo treat Bod at school?
2. Who teaches Bod about the living world?
3. What spell helps Bod with Mo?
4. What method is used to teach Bod about the real world?
5. Why does Silas allow Bod to go to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Scarlett able to remember Bod?
2. Who is the Lady on the Grey?
3. What helps Bod be successful at school?
4. Why do the ghosts say nothing to Bod about the Danse Macabre?
5. How does Bod feel during the Danse Macabre?
6. How does the novel end?
7. How do Silas and Bod part ways?
8. What is Jacks in trouble for?
9. What makes Bod so happy when he says goodbye to Liza?
10. Why does Bod want to go to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human nature is a strong symbol in the novel. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Bod had a very unconventional childhood. First, describe his upbringing. Then, explain how you think his childhood will affect his new life as an independent adult.
Essay Topic 3
Life and Death were two opposing and yet intricately related themes in the novel. How are these themes presented, and what message(s) was sent by the inclusion of this theme in the novel?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)