|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will nobody living talk to Bod about the music?
2. How does Bod feel about leaving the cemetery?
3. How does Silas encourage Bod to act at school?
4. Why is Bod allowed to go out of the graveyard when he gets older?
5. What bothers Bod about Mo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it decided that Bod will no longer go to school?
2. Why does Bod want to go to school?
3. What does Mo do to the other students at school?
4. What is Jacks in trouble for?
5. What changes does Bod see in himself before he leaves the graveyard?
6. How does Bod try to stop Mo from doing what she does to the other students at school?
7. What does Scarlett do that puts Bod in danger?
8. How does Bod defeat the Jacks’?
9. Why does Silas not want Bod to go to school?
10. Why do the living people say nothing to Bod about the Danse Macabre?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bod’s ideas about Miss Lupescu change a number of times in the novel. What are the different stages of this relationship, and what causes the changes?
Essay Topic 2
Liza was a minor character in the novel who made a huge impact on the plot. How did she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in the novel. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the novel?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)