|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the living as soon as the music ends?
2. Who is Mo’s helper at school?
3. Who does Bod see cut a flower from the graveyard?
4. Who scolds Jacks at the interlude?
5. What does Bod do with Scarlett when he is attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it decided that Bod will no longer go to school?
2. How does Bod defeat the Jacks’?
3. What does Mo do to the other students at school?
4. Why does Bod want to go to school?
5. What gets Bod upset before the Danse Macabre?
6. What does Mrs. Owens say before Bod leaves the graveyard?
7. How does Bod try to stop Mo from doing what she does to the other students at school?
8. What is Jacks threatened with?
9. What is Jacks in trouble for?
10. How does the novel end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Jacks’ are very interesting characters. Who are they, and what role do they play in this unique story line?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Lupescu’s death is very shocking to Bod. How does Miss Lupescu die, and what does this symbolize to Bod?
Essay Topic 3
There are a number of different settings in the novel. Describe some of these settings. Why might the author have chosen these settings for the plot to take place?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)