|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bod call Silas?
2. What last name does Bod take at school?
3. What spell helps Bod with Mo?
4. What does Bod think when the music ends?
5. What is Jacks scolded for at the Interlude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jacks in trouble for?
2. How does Mr. Frost forge a relationship with Scarlett’s mother?
3. Why does Bod want to go to school?
4. What happens at the Danse Macabre?
5. What gets Bod upset before the Danse Macabre?
6. How does Bod defeat the Jacks’?
7. Why do the ghosts say nothing to Bod about the Danse Macabre?
8. How does Miss Lupescu die?
9. Why does Silas not want Bod to go to school?
10. Who is the Lady on the Grey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Silas plays a very interesting role in the storyline. What is Silas's role in the novel, and how did he go about fulfilling it to the best of his ability?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in the novel. Describe some of these settings. Why might the author have chosen these settings for the plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Life and Death were two opposing and yet intricately related themes in the novel. How are these themes presented, and what message(s) was sent by the inclusion of this theme in the novel?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)