|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What service does Silas offer for the boy when he comes to the cemetery?
2. Who does Nobody meet inside the oldest grave?
3. How does Bod get hurt in the far corner of the cemetery?
4. What kind of animal comes to save Bod in the ghoul world?
5. What do Scarlett’s parents think about Nobody?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bod prepare to leave the cemetery for the first time?
2. What do Scarlett's parents think when they first hear about Bod, and why?
3. What happened to the other two people who have gone to see the treasure?
4. How does Bod learn to read and write?
5. Why does Bod go to a pawn shop?
6. Who is Caius and what is his place in the graveyard?
7. Who helps Bod in the pawn shop, and how?
8. How is the young boy able to escape from his home at the beginning of the novel?
9. What happens when Bod and Scarlett come back from seeing the treasure?
10. How does Bod feel about Miss Lupescu when he first meets her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of the plot follows the relationship between Bod and Scarlett. How does this relationship change over the course of the novel, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Bod’s ideas about Miss Lupescu change a number of times in the novel. What are the different stages of this relationship, and what causes the changes?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the pawnshop, and what does this central event in the plot indicate about Bod's personality and character?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)