|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murderer not worried when the young boy escapes?
2. What is Nobody doing when he meets Scarlett?
3. Why is Miss Lupescu brought to the graveyard?
4. Why does Bod want to get something for Liza?
5. Where is Nobody kept from going as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bod able to get out of the ghoul land?
2. Who is Miss Lupescu?
3. How is Bod able to get through the Celtic Tomb?
4. What is Ghulheim?
5. How does Bod prepare to leave the cemetery for the first time?
6. Who is Liza?
7. What happened to the other two people who have gone to see the treasure?
8. Why does Bod go to a pawn shop?
9. What does the treasure consist of?
10. How is the young boy able to escape from his home at the beginning of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Neil Gaiman has a very unique writing style. How would you describe this style, and why do you think that style was used for this particular story line?
Essay Topic 2
Bod had a very unconventional childhood. First, describe his upbringing. Then, explain how you think his childhood will affect his new life as an independent adult.
Essay Topic 3
Bod risks a lot to give a gift to Liza. What is this gift, and what does this symbolize to them?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)