|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can’t Bod see very well when he is in the ghoul world?
2. What was Liza killed for?
3. What happened to the treasure seeker who entered the tomb?
4. How does Bod get out of the pawnshop?
5. Who is Bod trying to help when he steals the treasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bod at the pawn shop?
2. What is Ghulheim?
3. What changes Bod’s mind about Miss Lupescu?
4. Who is Miss Lupescu?
5. Please describe the ghoul land.
6. What do Scarlett's parents think when they first hear about Bod, and why?
7. How is Bod able to get out of the ghoul land?
8. Why does Bod go to a pawn shop?
9. Who helps Bod in the pawn shop, and how?
10. How does Jacks feel when he sees that he has not killed the young boy as planned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Life and Death were two opposing and yet intricately related themes in the novel. How are these themes presented, and what message(s) was sent by the inclusion of this theme in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is the prophecy made in the novel, and how did it affect each portion of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol in the novel. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the novel?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)