|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Miss Lupescu leave each day?
2. Where does Silas see his first alphabet letters?
3. What kind of creature is Miss Lupescu?
4. Why is the murderer not worried when the young boy escapes?
5. How do most of the spirits feel about having the young boy stay there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Please describe the ghoul land.
2. Who is Miss Lupescu?
3. Who is Mrs. Owens and why does she have such a desire to protect the young child at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who is Caius and what is his place in the graveyard?
5. How does Bod learn to read and write?
6. How is Bod able to get out of the ghoul land?
7. How does Bod prepare to leave the cemetery for the first time?
8. What is Ghulheim?
9. What does Bod want to do for Liza and why?
10. What does Silas say he will do to help the child who comes to the graveyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of the plot follows the relationship between Bod and Scarlett. How does this relationship change over the course of the novel, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What is the prophecy made in the novel, and how did it affect each portion of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the pawnshop, and what does this central event in the plot indicate about Bod's personality and character?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)