Chapter 1: “How Nobody Came to the Cemetery”
1. How does the young boy escape getting killed at the opening of the novel?
(a) He hides under the bed.
(b) He says a secret password.
(c) He slips out of his crib.
(d) He pretends to die.
2. Who kills the young boy's family?
3. How old is the young boy when his parents are killed?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. What time of day is the young boy's family killed?
(b) The middle of the day.
(d) The middle of the night.
5. How many siblings does the young boy have?
6. Who protects the young boy after his family is killed?
(a) Dr. Olliver.
(b) Mrs. Owens.
(c) Ms. Otto.
(d) Mr. Oakley.
7. What is Silas’s position in the graveyard?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The undertaker.
(c) The caretaker.
(d) The owner.
8. What lie does Silas tell the murderer?
(a) The boy went down the hill.
(b) The police are coming.
(c) He will help him in the search.
(d) The boy died.
This section contains 3,754 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)