Chapter 1: “How Nobody Came to the Cemetery”
• Jacks comes to a house and kills a mother, a father and a sister. An 18-month-old boy escapes.
• The boy wanders to a cemetery where the ghost of Mrs. Owens is begged by the ghost of the boy’s deceased mother to care for him.
• Jacks comes looking for the boy at the cemetery, but Silas, the caretaker of the cemetery lies and says the boy went down the hill.
• The ghosts discuss what to do with the child. Mrs. Owens wants to keep her promise and care for him.
• It is agreed that Mr. and Mrs. Owens will raise the child and Silas will bring food for him.
• The child is named Nobody, or “Bod” for short. Some of the ghosts worry a human child will bring undue attention to them, while others are fine with him living amongst them...
This section contains 1,546 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)