|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the job pay that Pa and Uncle John missed out on that morning in Chapter 24?
(a) 20 cents an hour.
(b) 40 cents an hour.
(c) 30 cents an hour.
(d) 50 cents an hour.
2. What does Ma make to celebrate Al's engagement in Chapter 28?
(b) Peach cobbler.
(c) Chocolate cake.
3. Who is the waitress that the narrator says "really smiles with all her might at truck drivers" in Chapter 15 (155)?
4. For how long does Timothy Wallace say he and his son have been in California in Chapter 22?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Six months.
5. What does Al steal to make a ridge pole on the truck in Chapter 16?
(a) A fence rail.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A cabin door.
(d) A bayonette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does the narrator describe as being easy to carry in Chapter 23?
2. Who does Tom inform that he is leaving to try to get a job on the Joads' first morning at the Weedpatch camp?
3. Whose music does Bill the truck driver's friend play on the phonograph in Chapter 15?
4. What does the father buy for his sons for a penny at the diner in Chapter 15?
5. By what name are the Okies' encampments called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Weedpatch camp located and how do the Joads find it?
2. How is the plot of the law enforcement thwarted in Chapter 24?
3. Who are the Joads' neighbors in Chapter 28? How are they described?
4. How do the families respond when they learn of Al's proposal for marriage with Aggie? Why?
5. What are Rose of Sharon's hopes for the new land in California in Chapter 16?
6. What are the impacts of industrialization in agriculture according to the narrator in Chapter 21?
7. What does the committe discover before the Weedpatch dance in Chapter 24?
8. What are Al's objectives at the Weedpatch camp's Saturday dance?
9. How does the narrator describe California's history in Chapter 19?
10. How do the migrant societies entertain themselves, according to the narrator in Chapter 23?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)