|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many tents and shacks are set up at the migrants' camp that the Joads go to after seeing the coroner in Chapter 20?
2. Who tells the waitress to give the passing migrants a loaf of bread in Chapter 15?
3. By what name does the waitress call the truck driver Bill in Chapter 15?
(a) Bill the Speedster.
(b) Bully Bill.
(c) Bill the Bouncer.
(d) Big Bill the Rat.
4. What musical instrument does the narrator describe as being easy to carry in Chapter 23?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A flute.
(d) A harmonica.
5. What does Rose of Sharon say Connie wants to study by correspondence in Chapter 16?
(d) Mechanical engineering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does one of the listeners say he would "cord 'em up around me like wood, an I'd eat my way out" if he were rich in Chapter 23?
2. Who is the chairman of the entertainment at the Weedpatch camp?
3. What is Jule Vitela's heritage described as in Chapter 24?
4. What is the name of the neighbors to the Joads at the cotton ranch in Chapter 28?
5. Who among the migrants take on the duties of cooking dinner, according to the narrator in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Joads and Wilsons discover from the migrant who is returning east at the camp in Chapter 18?
2. What does Ruthie do that puts Tom in danger in Chapter 28?
3. What are the impacts of industrialization in agriculture according to the narrator in Chapter 21?
4. Who are the scientists that are described in Chapter 25?
5. How is Mae described in Chapter 15? Who is she excited to see?
6. Where is the Weedpatch camp located and how do the Joads find it?
7. Who is Floyd Knowles and why is he almost killed?
8. Why does Ma refuse to leave Tom and Jim behind in Chapter 16?
9. What amenties are provided at the Weedpatch camp and how do the Joads respond to finding these amenities?
10. Why did the residents of California hate the migrants when they arrived, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)