|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the son that is described as killing a deputy with a .22 rifle in Lawrenceville in Chapter 19?
2. By what time of day is the 20-acre cotton field completely picked in Chapter 28?
(a) 11:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 p.m.
3. Who are described as "great men" in the fruit orchards of California in Chapter 25 (346)?
4. Who is the chairman of the entertainment at the Weedpatch camp?
(a) Jack Wilson.
(b) James Watkins.
(c) Michael Stay.
(d) Willie Eaton.
5. What does the narrator say that the owners followed by importing "slaves" in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Timothy Wallace say he had to sell his car for in Chapter 22?
2. How much money does it cost the Joads to stay at the Weedpatch camp weekly?
3. Where do the Joads go to buy a new tin stove and overalls in Chapter 28?
4. What does Ma make to celebrate Al's engagement in Chapter 28?
5. How much money does Ma give to Tom when she goes to see him at his hideout in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the scientists that are described in Chapter 25?
2. What does the committe discover before the Weedpatch dance in Chapter 24?
3. How do the families respond when they learn of Al's proposal for marriage with Aggie? Why?
4. What does Ruthie do that puts Tom in danger in Chapter 28?
5. Who is Floyd Knowles and why is he almost killed?
6. What do the Joads and Wilsons discover from the migrant who is returning east at the camp in Chapter 18?
7. Where do the Joads and Wilsons stop to camp after crossing the California border? How is this setting described?
8. How does the narrator describe California's history in Chapter 19?
9. How is the plot of the law enforcement thwarted in Chapter 24?
10. How is the Joads' new home described in Chapter 28?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)