|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruthie describe in the picture she saw of the desert once in Chapter 18?
(b) Palm trees.
2. Who is described as "bull-simple" at the migrant camp in Chapter 20 (244)?
(a) The Butcher.
(b) The Mobster.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Nurse.
3. Who does Tom suggest stay behind with him to repair the car while the others go on west in Chapter 16?
4. Who are described as "great men" in the fruit orchards of California in Chapter 25 (346)?
5. What do the great owners of the fruit orchards also own, according to the narrator in Chapter 25?
6. Who in the migrant camps were generally responsible for fetching firewood and water, according to the narrator in Chapter 17?
(a) The women.
(b) The men.
(c) The elders.
(d) The children.
7. How much money does Ma give to Tom when she goes to see him at his hideout in Chapter 28?
8. How much does Tom say Pa paid to get a painted piece of board stuck up over Granma in Chapter 20?
9. How much money does the man offer for picking cotton that Ma encounters on her way back to the camp after seeing Tom in Chapter 28?
(a) 65 cents.
(b) 2 dollars.
(c) 40 cents.
(d) 90 cents.
10. What disease that caues inflammation of the spine is described in Chapter 21?
(a) Cystic fybrosis.
(b) Rachitic disease.
11. What does the narrator say that the owners followed by importing "slaves" in Chapter 19?
12. What does Ma catch Rose of Sharon sucking on after dinner in Chapter 26?
(a) A chicken foot.
(b) A dirty piece of lime.
(c) A rotten pork chop.
(d) A beef bone.
13. In what type of housing unit do the Joads live while working cotton in Chapter 28?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A boxcar.
(c) A shack.
(d) A tent.
14. What does Ruthie beg Ma to get for her and Winfield at the store in Chapter 28?
(b) Candy canes.
(d) Cracker Jacks.
15. What is the name of the Wainwrights' teenage daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winfield say he hit a boy at the camp that day in Chapter 26?
2. How much money does it cost the Joads to stay at the Weedpatch camp weekly?
3. What musical instrument does the narrator describe as being easy to carry in Chapter 23?
4. Where do the Joads and Wilsons stop to camp after crossing into California?
5. What did Ruthie do when she got into a fight with a big girl at the cotton camp in Chapter 28?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)