|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many tents and shacks are set up at the migrants' camp that the Joads go to after seeing the coroner in Chapter 20?
2. About how long does Al tell his girlfriend the Joads will be gone up north in Chapter 26?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Two months.
3. How much money does Pa say they have left once the Joads reach California and camp for the day in Chapter 18?
4. Who is the tenant at the Weedpatch camp that supposedly invited the three strangers to the dance in Chapter 24?
5. Where does the man on the highway tell the Joads to go work picking peaches in Chapter 26?
(a) Rossfield Ranch.
(b) Hooper ranch.
(c) Rogers Ranch.
(d) Double R Ranch.
6. What happens with the Joads' car after they pass Bakersfield heading north in Chapter 26?
(a) It runs out of gas.
(b) It gets a flat tire.
(c) Its engine overheats.
(d) It hits a deer.
7. What does Uncle John say he knows a guy growing crops of in Tulare in Chapter 26?
8. By what name does the waitress call the truck driver Bill in Chapter 15?
(a) Bill the Speedster.
(b) Bully Bill.
(c) Bill the Bouncer.
(d) Big Bill the Rat.
9. What is Jule Vitela's heritage described as in Chapter 24?
(a) Half Cherokee.
(b) Full-blooded Cherokee.
(d) Half black.
10. How much money does Timothy Wallace say he had to sell his car for in Chapter 22?
11. Where do the Joads and Wilsons stop to camp after crossing into California?
12. Who is the chairman of the entertainment at the Weedpatch camp?
(a) Michael Stay.
(b) Jack Wilson.
(c) Willie Eaton.
(d) James Watkins.
13. What is the name of the neighbors to the Joads at the cotton ranch in Chapter 28?
(a) The Charlestons.
(b) The Wilsons.
(c) The Kimbles.
(d) The Wainwrights.
14. How much does the farmer at the cotton ranch charge the workers for a bag for picking in Chapter 27?
15. In Chapter 16, the narrator says of the Joads and Wilsons, "Two days the families were in flight, but on the third the land was too huge for them and they settled into a new technique of living; the highways became their home and movement their medium of" what (164)?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Timothy Wallace say he and his son have been in California in Chapter 22?
2. What does Rose of Sharon say Connie wants to study by correspondence in Chapter 16?
3. What sound awakens Tom as he sleeps in the truck on the Joads' first night at the Weedpatch camp?
4. What is the name of Timothy Wallace's son?
5. What did Ruthie do when she got into a fight with a big girl at the cotton camp in Chapter 28?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)