|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ivy Wilson traveling West from?
2. During what historical era does The Grapes of Wrath take place?
(a) The Roaring Twenties.
(b) The Victorian Era.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. Where does the truck driver describe a dance where someone was killed in Chapter 2?
4. What book does the author reference in Chapter 9?
(a) Pilgrim's Progress.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) To Have and Have Not.
(d) Tomorrow's Road.
5. How much money does the tractor driver say he makes in a day in Chapter 5?
6. Where did Aunt Sadie get the china dog that is described in Chapter 9?
(a) The St. Louis Fair.
(b) New York City.
(c) The Illinois State Fair.
(d) Coney Island.
7. What parts of a car does the narrator say "can rattle till Jesus comes again with no harm" in Chapter 12 (120)?
8. Where does the tire salesmen say the police come from to turn away the migrants in Chapter 12?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
9. What literary device is used in the following sentence from Chapter 2? "His hands were hard, with broad fingers and nails as thick and ridged as little clam shells" (9).
(d) Literary allusion.
10. What setting is described as where the swallows nest that Tom visits before leaving for California in Chapter 10?
(a) The shed.
(b) The red bank.
(c) The roof.
(d) The willow tree.
11. What sin does Casy say he committed after his fervent prayer meetings in Chapter 4?
(a) He overate.
(b) He felt wrath for his constituents.
(c) He had sex with girls in the grass.
(d) He smoked cigarettes and drank whiskey.
12. What is the name of the dog that Tom recognizes among the others in Chapter 8?
13. What do Winfield and Ruthie bring back to the car at the gas station in Chapter 13?
(a) Chicken eggs.
(b) Reptile eggs.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rabbit.
14. How old is Ruthie in Chapter 10?
15. What does Tom say his father strung up in a tree that he points out in the fields in Chapter 8?
(a) A gopher.
(b) A snake.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A coyote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Ma say Tom's Pa's pa confused with Scripture in Chapter 10?
2. How many acres does Tom Joad say his father owns in Chapter 2?
3. What is the pretty town that is described on the border of California in Chapter 12?
4. How far is it from Sallisaw to Gore?
5. Who drives the truck after the Joads leave the gas station in Chapter 13?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)