|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the border guard ask if the Joads have when they get to the high country of Arizona?
(a) Any plants.
(b) Any food.
(c) Any children.
(d) Any water.
2. What does the used car lot owner wish he had a thousand of in Chapter 7?
3. From what narrative point of view is The Grapes of Wrath related?
(a) Seond person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) First person.
4. What are crops like lettuce, cauliflower, artichokes, and potatoes referred to as in Chapter 19?
(a) Lost crops.
(b) Stoop crops.
(c) Top crops.
(d) Standing crops.
5. The stranger and his son that meets the Joads in the river in Chapter 18 tells them, "Well, Okie use' ta mean you was from Oklahoma. Now it means you're" what (205)?
(a) "A nobody."
(b) "A worse plight to humanity than roaches."
(c) "A dirty son-of-a-bitch."
(d) "A thieving jackass bandit."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the truck driver say he is hoping to study through correspondence school in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Tom take the turtle with him in Chapter 4?
3. Who among the migrants take on the duties of cooking dinner, according to the narrator in Chapter 17?
4. What does the narrator describe as the only two punishments for breaking the unspoken laws within the migrant camps in Chapter 17?
5. What musical instrument does the narrator in Chapter 23 describe as rare and hard to learn?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)