|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is referred to as "the monster" in Chapter 5 (36)?
(a) The government.
(b) The bank.
(d) The tenant farmers.
2. How far does Ma say it is to where they're going in Chapter 10?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) 1,500 miles.
(c) 3,000 miles.
(d) 2,000 miles.
3. Who is the waitress that the narrator says "really smiles with all her might at truck drivers" in Chapter 15 (155)?
4. How long had Uncle John been married when his wife died?
(a) Four months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
5. What book does Tom say he mixes up with Scripture in Chapter 10?
(a) The Talmud.
(b) Dr. Miles' Almanac.
(c) The Little Prince.
(d) The Winning of Barbara Worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Tom say in Chapter 8, "He's gettin' screwy like a gopher, livin' like he does" (69)?
2. How old is the son that is described as killing a deputy with a .22 rifle in Lawrenceville in Chapter 19?
3. The narrator describes Highway 66 as "the mother road, the road of" what, in Chapter 12 (119)?
4. Who does Tom suggest stay behind with him to repair the car while the others go on west in Chapter 16?
5. What kind of animal does Casy describe as clinging with its jaws until one pries its head apart with a screwdriver in Chapter 13?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)