|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two locations does the narrator describe Highway 66 connecting in Chapter 12?
(a) Memphis to San Diego.
(b) Texas to Los Angeles.
(c) Oklahoma City to San Francisco.
(d) Mississippi to Bakersfield.
2. Approximately when did the Dust Bowl occur?
3. Who in the migrant camps generally are responsible for pitching the tents and bringing down the beds, according to the narrator in Chapter 17?
(a) The children.
(b) The elders.
(c) The men.
(d) The women.
4. How long does Tom say he has been away from home in Chapter 4?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six years.
5. What literary device is used in the following sentence from Chapter 2? "His hands were hard, with broad fingers and nails as thick and ridged as little clam shells" (9).
(d) Literary allusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the red ant attacks the turtle in Chapter 3?
2. What newspaper does Tom see curling in the corner of the kitchen in Chapter 6?
3. Where do the Joads go to the coroner's office in Chapter 20?
4. Who is the waitress that the narrator says "really smiles with all her might at truck drivers" in Chapter 15 (155)?
5. What does the father buy for his sons for a penny at the diner in Chapter 15?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)