|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the border guard ask if the Joads have when they get to the high country of Arizona?
(a) Any plants.
(b) Any children.
(c) Any water.
(d) Any food.
2. From what narrative point of view is The Grapes of Wrath related?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Seond person.
3. What book does Tom say he mixes up with Scripture in Chapter 10?
(a) The Little Prince.
(b) The Talmud.
(c) Dr. Miles' Almanac.
(d) The Winning of Barbara Worth.
4. Who was the mother of the baby that was eaten by a pig next to the Joads'?
(a) Milly Jacobs.
(b) Molly Rogers.
(c) Anna Winter.
(d) Dolly Parkins.
5. How long ago does Grampa say it was that his brother went out West to California in Chapter 10?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 15 years ago.
(d) 40 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in Chapter 11, "... the machine man, driving a dead tractor on land he does not know and love, understands only" what (117)?
2. What crop is growing across Tom's homestead when he arrives in Chapter 6?
3. What book does Ma say Tom's Pa's pa confused with Scripture in Chapter 10?
4. How long did it take Uncle John to come out of his stupor after his wife died?
5. When the narrator describes a tractor in Chapter 11, he states, "The heat goes out of it like the living heat that leaves a corpse" (117). What literary device is employed in this sentence?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)