|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the truck driver say he is hoping to study through correspondence school in Chapter 2?
(a) Banking management.
(d) Mechanical engineering.
2. What do the tractors in the novel represent symbolically?
(a) The Industrial Age.
(b) The birth of innocence.
(c) The education system.
(d) The accomplishments of intelligence.
3. Why does Tom take the turtle with him in Chapter 4?
(a) To give it to his little sister.
(b) To set it free at his father's pond.
(c) To give it to his little brother.
(d) To keep it in an aquarium.
4. What is the tenant farmer holding as he watches the tractor wreck his home in Chapter 5?
(a) A bayonette.
(b) A rake.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A rifle.
5. Where does the truck driver describe a dance where someone was killed in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the used car lot owner wish he had a thousand of in Chapter 7?
2. How does the narrator describe the sun in Chapter 1?
3. What sin does Casy say he committed after his fervent prayer meetings in Chapter 4?
4. From what narrative point of view is The Grapes of Wrath related?
5. For how long has Tom Joad been in prison when he is released?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)