|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What setting is described as where the swallows nest that Tom visits before leaving for California in Chapter 10?
(a) The red bank.
(b) The willow tree.
(c) The roof.
(d) The shed.
2. What does Tom describe Uncle John leaving on his pillow when he was a kid in Chapter 8?
(a) A walnut.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A pack of gum.
(d) A candy cane.
3. What is the name of the used car salesman that is addressed by the boss in Chapter 7?
4. How long does Tom estimate it will take the Joads to reach their destination in Chapter 10?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
5. How long did it take Uncle John to come out of his stupor after his wife died?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom describe his Uncle John?
2. What does the used car lot owner wish he had a thousand of in Chapter 7?
3. How many people were in the family that was picked up by a sedan that pulled their trailer to California, according to the narrator in Chapter 12?
4. What does Tom find on the sink shelf in the kitchen when he enters his abandoned homestead in Chapter 6?
5. How far does Ma say it is to where they're going in Chapter 10?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)