|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose pigtails does Tom say he was pulling on the day he was baptized in Chapter 4?
(a) Susy Little's.
(b) Mary Smart's.
(c) Mae Rogers'.
(d) Annie Wilson's.
2. What is printed on the side of the red truck outside the roadside restaurant in Chapter 2?
(a) Oklahoma City Transport Company.
(b) Omaha Transport Company.
(c) Oklahoma Sanitation Department.
(d) Mississippi Transport Company.
3. Of whom does Tom say in Chapter 8, "He's gettin' screwy like a gopher, livin' like he does" (69)?
4. How does Tom describe his Uncle John?
5. How are Tom Joad's clothes described in Chapter 2?
(a) Old and ragged.
(b) Cheap and new.
(c) Covered in mud.
(d) Expensive and new.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately when did the Dust Bowl occur?
2. What do the tractors in the novel represent symbolically?
3. Who does Tom describe having sex in a barn when he brought a heifer to mate with a bull in Chapter 8?
4. What literary device is used in the following sentence from Chapter 2? "His hands were hard, with broad fingers and nails as thick and ridged as little clam shells" (9).
5. How long does Tom say he has been away from home in Chapter 4?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)