|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical instrument does the narrator describe as being easy to carry in Chapter 23?
(a) A flute.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A banjo.
2. On what day of the week is the dance held at the Weedpatch camp in Chapter 24?
3. What song is played for the migrants to square dance to at the dance in Chapter 24?
(a) "Grab and Dance."
(b) "Dosey Do."
(c) "Mountain Banjo Song."
(d) "Chicken Reel."
4. Of whom does Tom say in Chapter 8, "He's gettin' screwy like a gopher, livin' like he does" (69)?
5. What does Timothy Wallace define a vagrant as in Chapter 24 (334)?
(a) "Anybody not from here."
(b) "Anybody a cop don't like."
(c) "Anybody without money."
(d) "Anybody who don't have an address."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives the touring car as the Joads and Wilsons cross New Mexico in Chapter 16?
2. Of what does one of the listeners say he would "cord 'em up around me like wood, an I'd eat my way out" if he were rich in Chapter 23?
3. What did Uncle John's wife presumably die from?
4. How far are the Joads and Wilsons from Albuquerque when the touring car breaks down in Chapter 16?
5. What does the father buy for his sons for a penny at the diner in Chapter 15?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)