|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom describe Uncle John leaving on his pillow when he was a kid in Chapter 8?
(a) A walnut.
(b) A pack of gum.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A candy cane.
2. What musical instrument does the narrator in Chapter 23 describe as rare and hard to learn?
(a) A flute.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A banjo.
3. How does Tom describe his Uncle John?
4. Who tells the waitress to give the passing migrants a loaf of bread in Chapter 15?
5. Whose music does Bill the truck driver's friend play on the phonograph in Chapter 15?
(a) Bart Freeman's.
(b) Bing Crosby's.
(c) Miles Davis's.
(d) Frank Sinatra's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is played for the migrants to square dance to at the dance in Chapter 24?
2. What is the name of the used car salesman that is addressed by the boss in Chapter 7?
3. What does Rose of Sharon say Connie wants to study by correspondence in Chapter 16?
4. How much did the job pay that Pa and Uncle John missed out on that morning in Chapter 24?
5. Of what does one of the listeners say he would "cord 'em up around me like wood, an I'd eat my way out" if he were rich in Chapter 23?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)