|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father buy for his sons for a penny at the diner in Chapter 15?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) Candy canes.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A pork chop.
2. Who tells the waitress to give the passing migrants a loaf of bread in Chapter 15?
3. Who is the chairman of the Central Committee at the Weedpatch camp?
(a) Jack Wilson.
(b) Ezra Huston.
(c) Michael Stay.
(d) James Watkins.
4. What song is played for the migrants to square dance to at the dance in Chapter 24?
(a) "Mountain Banjo Song."
(b) "Dosey Do."
(c) "Grab and Dance."
(d) "Chicken Reel."
5. How much does the owner of the used car lot tell Jim to sell the Chevy for with the bad rear end in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say his father strung up in a tree that he points out in the fields in Chapter 8?
2. Whose music does Bill the truck driver's friend play on the phonograph in Chapter 15?
3. Where does one of the tenants at Weedpatch describe the employees from the rubber companies going unionized in Chapter 24?
4. Of what does one of the listeners say he would "cord 'em up around me like wood, an I'd eat my way out" if he were rich in Chapter 23?
5. Who is the tenant at the Weedpatch camp that supposedly invited the three strangers to the dance in Chapter 24?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)