1. Approximately when did the Dust Bowl occur?
2. How does the narrator describe the sun in Chapter 1?
3. What is printed on the side of the red truck outside the roadside restaurant in Chapter 2?
(a) Oklahoma City Transport Company.
(b) Mississippi Transport Company.
(c) Omaha Transport Company.
(d) Oklahoma Sanitation Department.
4. What does the sticker on the windshield of the truck say in Chapter 2?
(a) Fares Only.
(b) Fast Tracks.
(c) No Riders.
(d) Hop In.
5. What literary device is used in the following sentence from Chapter 2? "His hands were hard, with broad fingers and nails as thick and ridged as little clam shells" (9).
(b) Literary allusion.
6. How are Tom Joad's clothes described in Chapter 2?
(a) Old and ragged.
(b) Cheap and new.
(c) Covered in mud.
(d) Expensive and new.
7. Where does the truck driver describe a dance where someone was killed in Chapter 2?
This section contains 4,355 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)