|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jake stay awake?
2. How did Jake feel about sleeping when Skelly was gone?
3. Why wouldn't Skelly get in the cab?
4. What did the cop find in the park?
5. What did Mrs. Russell do while Skelly was gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jake at school in regard to his book report?
2. What happens during Jake's morning routine?
3. Why where the family members celebrating when the policeman came back from exploring the park, and why was it somewhat odd?
4. What surprised the family about the segment on the evening news?
5. Where had Aunt Marguerite been?
6. How did Jake treat Mrs. Russell?
7. How did Jake feel about Sunday night dinner? What was unique about it?
8. How did Jake spend the day when the police were looking in the park?
9. What problem did Jake have with his book report, and how did his teacher response?
10. How did Jake feel about sleeping while Skelly was missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the term "flashback." Describe how the author used a flashback to introduce the reader to Skelly and Jake.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the irony of the experience Jake had with his report and what he discovered when he went home that day.
Essay Topic 3
How does the incident where Skelly breaks his wrists symbolize the breaking of his life?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)