|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Jake was telling his Valentine's story to his mother?
2. What is Jake's middle name?
3. How did Jake feel about coming home from school to be with Skelly?
4. How did Jake feel when he was playing football?
5. What did Aaron do after Skelly walked in on them while he and Jake were watching movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jake feel about taking care of Skelly?
2. What did Jake think about his name?
3. How did Skelly's nickname for Thorbert change him?
4. What injuries does Skelly have, and how does he react to them?
5. What did Jake plan to do when Aaron slept over?
6. How does Skelly react when Jake tries to get him to play ball?
7. What happened when Jake stayed after school one day to play football?
8. What happened at the dinner table on Valentine's Day that bothered Jake?
9. What did the boys see in the dumpster on their way home from school?
10. What disease did Skelly get, and how did it affect him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the irony of the experience Jake had with his report and what he discovered when he went home that day.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the inner conflict Jake struggles with as he remembers the old Skelly yet has to deal with the Alzheimer's afflicted Skelly.
Essay Topic 3
Alma Russell is an interesting mix of caregiver and comic relief. Explain her part in the story and how she affects Jake. What does he learn from her, and how does he treat her?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)