|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jake feel about taking his grandfather to the bathroom to wash his hands?
2. Where did Jake's father take his mother for their anniversary dinner?
3. Why did Jake's mom feel guilty when Skelly was in the dumpster?
4. What was used to remind Skelly of things?
5. What happened when Jake was telling his Valentine's story to his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Skelly react when Jake tries to get him to play ball?
2. How did the grandfather get the name Skelly?
3. How did the boys react when they saw the old man?
4. By the time Jake was in sixth grade, how did he feel about his "laying low" strategy, and what did he do about it?
5. How did Skelly embarrass Jake during the sleepover?
6. What was Jake's mom like when he was a baby?
7. Why was Jake living with his grandfather?
8. What did the boys see in the dumpster on their way home from school?
9. What happened when Jake decided that he wanted to take some lessons?
10. Who taught Jake about working with wood, and what did he learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the incident where Skelly breaks his wrists symbolize the breaking of his life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the struggle the family has to maintain a "normal" life with Skelly around.
Essay Topic 3
Lanna's world is falling apart, so she isn't there when they need her to care for Skelly. This is symbolic of how Jake's world is falling apart. Compare and contrast the two situations.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)