|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake's theory is that people grow to look like ____________.
2. What job did Skelly take on when Jake was in first grade?
3. How many stages did Alzheimer's have according to Jake?
4. Why did Lanna have to leave early?
5. What was surprising about Mrs. Russell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What coping mechanisms do they turn to in order to help Skelly?
2. What happened at the dinner table on Valentine's Day that bothered Jake?
3. What was Mrs. Russell like?
4. How did Jake react to the humiliation he felt after the sleepover?
5. What disease did Skelly get, and how did it affect him?
6. What injuries does Skelly have, and how does he react to them?
7. What happened when Jake had breakfast in the restaurant with Skelly and his mom?
8. How does Skelly react when Jake tries to get him to play ball?
9. What happened when Jake stayed after school one day to play football?
10. How does Jake feel about taking care of Skelly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Jake see the stages of Alzheimer's? Describe Skelly's progression through the stages, backing up each stage with specifics from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The author puts a lot of emphasis on the importance of a name. Using examples from the book, describe what Jake's name meant to him, how Skelly got his name, and how Skelly changed a young boy's life by giving him a strong nickname.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Jake's typical morning routine. Is he ever late for school? What does this say about his character?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)