|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woke Jake up Saturday morning?
(a) The smell of bacon.
(b) Skelly came into his room.
(c) His mom was screaming and crying.
(d) Someone kept pressing the door buzzer.
2. How does Jake's mom feel about Jake's role as caregiver to Skelly?
(a) She thinks it isn't a big deal.
(b) She doesn't think about it at all.
(c) She feels guilty about it.
(d) She expects it.
3. What did the cab driver look like?
(a) He looked like a Wall Street worker.
(b) He was a slight man with a scruffy appearance.
(c) He was muscular and had a tattoo.
(d) He was very put-together.
4. What was the cop's attitude?
(a) He was acting tired.
(b) He was ready to hunt Skelly down.
(c) He thought carefully about every move he made.
(d) He was care-free and easy-going.
5. What happened to Skelly?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He stole from the grocery store.
(c) He wandered away fromt he Senior Center.
(d) He hurt someone by accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did James react when he saw what the cops found in the park?
2. What did Mrs. Russell do while Skelly was gone?
3. What did Jake tell Mrs. Russell when he helped her get in the car?
4. How did Jake stay awake?
5. Who claimed to have the news station idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jake dream about that made him even more worried about Skelly?
2. What happened to Jake at school in regard to his book report?
3. How did Jake feel about Sunday night dinner? What was unique about it?
4. Where had Aunt Marguerite been?
5. How did Jake spend the day when the police were looking in the park?
6. How did Jake reacted to the news of his grandfather's disappearance?
7. What had happened to Skelly?
8. Jake watched Mrs. Russell out the window as she helped Skelly. How did she treat him?
9. What happens during Jake's morning routine?
10. Why had the police officer come so early in the morning, and what did he bring with him?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)