|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aaron do after Skelly walked in on them while he and Jake were watching movies?
(a) He called his parents to come pick him up.
(b) He told the kids at school about the incident.
(c) He laughed and told Jake to forget about it.
(d) He told Jake that he lived in a similar situation.
2. What instrument did Jake want to learn to play?
(a) He hated music.
3. Skelly decided Jake was ____________.
(a) His old best friend Claude Harper.
(b) A delivery boy.
(c) An enemy.
(d) His son.
4. What does the man do when he realizes the boys are talking to him?
(a) He turns around and ignores them.
(b) He gets out to converse with them.
(c) He tells them to go get help.
(d) He lowers himself into the dumpster.
5. What did Jake's father think about his son?
(a) He is very proud of him.
(b) He never knew he had a son.
(c) He is embarrassed to have his son around.
(d) They are two peas in a pod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jake's mom feel guilty when Skelly was in the dumpster?
2. Who raise Jake when his mother went back to school?
3. What do two of the three boys do when they see the man in the dumpster?
4. What happened to Thorbert after Skelly gave him the nickname?
5. What job did Jake's mom have when he was in fourth grade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Russell like?
2. What disease did Skelly get, and how did it affect him?
3. Why was Jake living with his grandfather?
4. How does Jake respond to Skelly when he has friends over?
5. What did Jake plan to do when Aaron slept over?
6. How did Skelly react to James and Jake, and what was the result?
7. What was Jake's mom like when he was a baby?
8. Who taught Jake about working with wood, and what did he learn?
9. How does Skelly react when Jake tries to get him to play ball?
10. What does the shift from third person to first person at the end of the first chapter signify?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)