|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Skelly live when Jake was born?
(c) New York.
2. How did Jake feel about Skelly when Skelly came with his mom to pick him up from the football field?
(a) He felt pity.
(b) He hated Skelly.
(c) He was happy Skelly recognized him.
(d) He felt depressed about his life with Skelly.
3. What did Aaron do after Skelly walked in on them while he and Jake were watching movies?
(a) He told Jake that he lived in a similar situation.
(b) He laughed and told Jake to forget about it.
(c) He called his parents to come pick him up.
(d) He told the kids at school about the incident.
4. What caused Jake's mom to get fired?
(a) She was late too many times.
(b) She stole money.
(c) She mouthed off to her boss.
(d) She turned a pie plate over on a customer's head.
5. What is Alzheimer's?
(a) A disease that makes a person incapable of walking.
(b) A type of dance.
(c) A disease that destroys a person's memory.
(d) A disease that attacks people in third world countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake looked in the Dumpster and figured out what had interested Skelly. What was it?
2. How did sixth grade start our for Jake?
3. What did Skelly do that he had never done before when Jake asked him to play catch?
4. What gift did Skelly give Jake after he was digging in the garden?
5. Skelly decided Jake was ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Skelly's nickname for Thorbert change him?
2. What did the boys see in the dumpster on their way home from school?
3. What was Jake's mom like when he was a baby?
4. How did Skelly react to James and Jake, and what was the result?
5. What happens when Jake's mom tries to give him a "normal" life?
6. How did Skelly embarrass Jake during the sleepover?
7. What did Jake think about his name?
8. What was Mrs. Russell like?
9. How does Jake respond to Skelly when he has friends over?
10. How did Jake react to the humiliation he felt after the sleepover?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)