|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys realize about the man?
(a) There is something wrong with him.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is a convict.
(d) He has a disease.
2. Who gives Jake his name?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His classmates.
(d) His grandfather.
3. How did Jake feel about Skelly when Skelly came with his mom to pick him up from the football field?
(a) He was happy Skelly recognized him.
(b) He felt pity.
(c) He felt depressed about his life with Skelly.
(d) He hated Skelly.
4. What did Skelly do when Jake couldn't do a pull-up?
(a) He forced the boy to keep trying until he got it.
(b) He took him to a tree and helped him until he could do it.
(c) He told Jake to give up.
(d) He laughed.
5. How did Jake try to absolve himself of his guilt over ignoring Skelly in the Dumpster?
(a) He went to breakfast at the House of Pancakes with his mom and Skelly.
(b) He went to a priest and confessed.
(c) He told Skelly he was sorry.
(d) He confessed what happened to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aaron do after Skelly walked in on them while he and Jake were watching movies?
2. What does one of the three boys do when they see the man in the dumpster?
3. What did Skelly discover in the emergency room?
4. How did Jake feel about taking his grandfather to the bathroom to wash his hands?
5. What did Jake and Skelly do after dinner every night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the grandfather get the name Skelly?
2. How does Skelly react when Jake tries to get him to play ball?
3. Who taught Jake about working with wood, and what did he learn?
4. How does Jake respond to Skelly when he has friends over?
5. What does the shift from third person to first person at the end of the first chapter signify?
6. What happened when Jake decided that he wanted to take some lessons?
7. What happens when Jake's mom gets a work promotion?
8. How does Jake feel about taking care of Skelly?
9. What coping mechanisms do they turn to in order to help Skelly?
10. What injuries does Skelly have, and how does he react to them?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)