|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake try to get out of dinner?
(a) He says he is sick.
(b) He says he has to read his book for his report.
(c) He says he is too tired to eat.
(d) He says he has to run an errand.
2. What did the cab driver notice about Skelly when he first saw him?
(a) He had nice shoes and a nice haircut.
(b) He looked like a homeless person right down to his dirty clothes.
(c) He was very eloquent.
(d) He was good at collecting things.
3. What did the cop find in the park?
(a) A white painter's hat.
(b) Skelly's shoes.
(c) Skelly's Medic Alert tags.
(d) A paintbrush.
4. What did the cab driver look like?
(a) He was a slight man with a scruffy appearance.
(b) He was very put-together.
(c) He looked like a Wall Street worker.
(d) He was muscular and had a tattoo.
5. How did Skelly react to the attention he received when he got home?
(a) He danced a jig.
(b) He seemed confused.
(c) He didn't notice it.
(d) It overwhelmed him, and he started to cry.
6. What was the cop's attitude?
(a) He was ready to hunt Skelly down.
(b) He thought carefully about every move he made.
(c) He was care-free and easy-going.
(d) He was acting tired.
7. How did Aunt Marguerite react when she saw what the cops found in the park?
(a) She mouthed a silent cuss word.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She couldn't take her eyes off it.
(d) She put it on her head declaring that she wouldn't take it off until Skelly was found.
8. What did Jake do to Skelly at the dinner table?
(a) He served his food for him.
(b) He told him that Skelly didn't know anything.
(c) He helped him remember things.
(d) He cleaned Skelly's face.
9. What does Jake's mom say the result of his bitterness will be?
(a) He will get sick.
(b) People will shun him.
(c) His resentment will turn to anger.
(d) He'll be more miserable.
10. Why does Jake think Mr. Waxman is suspicious?
(a) He has never seen the man.
(b) The man won't look anyone in the eye.
(c) He never fully opens his door.
(d) The man always dresses in black.
11. What are Ma and Mrs. Russell doing when Jake gets home from school the day he is supposed to do his book report?
(a) Drinking coffee.
(b) Looking through photo albums.
(c) Trying to get Skelly to remember his phone number.
(d) Making cookies.
12. What was strapped on top of the vehicle?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A painting.
(c) A shopping cart.
(d) A suitcase.
13. What did Jake have to do before school?
(a) Make his lunch.
(b) His book report.
(c) Get Skelly up and ready.
(d) Call his friend for a ride.
14. What does Aunt Marguerite do with Skelly after dinner?
(a) Watches television with him.
(b) Watches a movie with him.
(c) She takes him for a walk.
(d) Reads a story to him.
15. What had someone given Skelly as he was wandering?
(a) A religious tract.
(b) Some money.
(c) A black eye.
(d) A plastic bottle of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the cops do at the park?
2. How did Jake respond at first when Mrs. Russell stated that everyone was mad at her?
3. What was the cop car like?
4. What did the family eat for dinner the night Skelly disappeared?
5. What book did Jake have to read for his report?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)