|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Russell say could have brought the find to the park?
(a) A whooping crane.
(b) A courier.
(c) A dog.
(d) A strong wind.
2. What was the cop car like?
(a) It was brand new.
(b) It smelled like BO and cigarrettes.
(c) It was falling apart.
(d) Very clean
3. What woke Jake up Saturday morning?
(a) Skelly came into his room.
(b) Someone kept pressing the door buzzer.
(c) His mom was screaming and crying.
(d) The smell of bacon.
4. How did James react when he saw what the cops found in the park?
(a) He mouthed a silent cuss word.
(b) He couldn't take his eyes off it.
(c) He cried.
(d) He put it on his head declaring that he wouldn't take it off until Skelly was found.
5. What did the cab driver notice about Skelly when he first saw him?
(a) He looked like a homeless person right down to his dirty clothes.
(b) He was very eloquent.
(c) He was good at collecting things.
(d) He had nice shoes and a nice haircut.
6. How did Jake feel about his eighth grade graduation?
(a) He wants to ignore it.
(b) He didn't really care about it.
(c) He was nervous about it.
(d) He is very excited about it.
7. What did Mrs. Russell call the cab driver?
(a) Candle Burns.
(b) An angel.
(c) A tattooed beast.
(d) A sweet man.
8. What did Jake do to Skelly at the dinner table?
(a) He cleaned Skelly's face.
(b) He helped him remember things.
(c) He served his food for him.
(d) He told him that Skelly didn't know anything.
9. How does Aunt Marguerite help take care of Skelly?
(a) She takes Skelly three days a week.
(b) She hires a housecleaner.
(c) She pays for a caretaker.
(d) She does the laundry.
10. How did Jake feel about sleeping when Skelly was gone?
(a) He felt it was unfair.
(b) He just couldn't get comfortable.
(c) It was a good idea.
(d) It was wise, but impossible.
11. What does James accuse the cab driver of?
(a) Driving too fast.
(d) Stealing a shopping cart.
12. What was the cop's attitude?
(a) He was acting tired.
(b) He thought carefully about every move he made.
(c) He was ready to hunt Skelly down.
(d) He was care-free and easy-going.
13. What was Jake thinking about Skelly at eight at night?
(a) He wondered if Skelly knew how to get home.
(b) He was wondering who would remind Skelly to go to the bathroom.
(c) He wondered if Skelly had food.
(d) He wondered if Skelly had a cozy bed.
14. How did Jake feel about the book he had to read for class?
(a) He thought it was stupid.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He identified with it.
(d) He thought it was funny.
15. Why did Ma and Aunt Marguerite leave the room?
(a) James and Jake were fighting again.
(b) They wanted to look out the window for Skelly.
(c) They were hungry.
(d) They wanted to get some sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jake get home from searching?
2. What does Jake tell his mom about Aunt Marguerite?
3. Why wouldn't Skelly get in the cab?
4. How does Jake try to get out of dinner?
5. Why does Jake think Mr. Waxman is suspicious?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)