|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jake respond at first when Mrs. Russell stated that everyone was mad at her?
(a) He didn't argue.
(b) He verbally agreed.
(c) He said they should take a vote.
(d) He denied it.
2. What does the cop tell Jake about his interest in finding Skelly?
(a) He's just doing his job.
(b) He volunteered to look for Skelly even though his shift was over.
(c) He wants to find Skelly so he can get a monetary bonus.
(d) If he finds Skelly, he will get a promotion.
3. How does Jake's mom feel about Jake's role as caregiver to Skelly?
(a) She thinks it isn't a big deal.
(b) She expects it.
(c) She feels guilty about it.
(d) She doesn't think about it at all.
4. Who came to dinner on Sundays?
(a) Mrs. Russell.
(b) Aunt Marguerite and James.
(c) The priest.
(d) The school custodian.
5. How does Aunt Marguerite help take care of Skelly?
(a) She takes Skelly three days a week.
(b) She pays for a caretaker.
(c) She does the laundry.
(d) She hires a housecleaner.
6. What did Jake tell Mrs. Russell the night Skelly disappeared?
(a) He told her that she was fired.
(b) He told her that Skelly loved her.
(c) He told her she needed to leave.
(d) He told her she was the best caretaker ever.
7. How did Jake feel about sleeping when Skelly was gone?
(a) He felt it was unfair.
(b) It was a good idea.
(c) He just couldn't get comfortable.
(d) It was wise, but impossible.
8. Who joined Jake on his hunt for Skelly?
(b) The police officer.
(c) Mrs. Russell.
9. What does Aunt Marguerite do with Skelly after dinner?
(a) Watches a movie with him.
(b) Reads a story to him.
(c) She takes him for a walk.
(d) Watches television with him.
10. What does Jake's mom say the result of his bitterness will be?
(a) He'll be more miserable.
(b) He will get sick.
(c) His resentment will turn to anger.
(d) People will shun him.
11. What did Jake miss as he prepared his book report?
(a) A class meeting.
(b) An important class announcement.
(c) The bus.
12. How did Aunt Marguerite react when she saw what the cops found in the park?
(a) She screamed.
(b) She mouthed a silent cuss word.
(c) She couldn't take her eyes off it.
(d) She put it on her head declaring that she wouldn't take it off until Skelly was found.
13. When did Jake get home from searching?
(a) After an hour of searching.
(b) The next day.
(c) After lunch.
(d) After dark.
14. How did Jake feel as he left school the day he was supposed to do his book report?
15. How did Jake react a year before when Skelly kept asking him what the Cheerios were?
(a) He yelled at Skelly.
(b) He thought it was funny.
(c) He got annoyed.
(d) He though Skelly was joking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James accuse the cab driver of?
2. What happened when Jake didn't do his report on time?
3. Why is Jake's mother upset with him after dinner?
4. How does Mrs. Russell treat Skelly?
5. How did Jake stay awake?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)