|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Jake have to read for his report?
(a) The Graduate.
(b) Harry Potter.
(c) The Pearl.
(d) Junie B. Jones.
2. How did Jake respond at first when Mrs. Russell stated that everyone was mad at her?
(a) He said they should take a vote.
(b) He didn't argue.
(c) He verbally agreed.
(d) He denied it.
3. What did Jake miss as he prepared his book report?
(a) The bus.
(c) A class meeting.
(d) An important class announcement.
4. What did James and Jake see as they were eating their sandwiches outside?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A taxi.
(c) Skelly's image in a cloud.
(d) An old man walking by that looked like Skelly.
5. Why is Jake's mother upset with him after dinner?
(a) She is upset with how he treats Skelly.
(b) She thinks he is growing up too fast.
(c) She wants him to use his manners.
(d) She feels like Family Night is just a battle between Jake and James.
6. What happened when Jake was about to give his book report?
(a) He choked on his gum.
(b) His stomach growled really loudly.
(c) A fire drill.
(d) The teacher was called out of the classroom for an emergency phone call.
7. How did Jake react a year before when Skelly kept asking him what the Cheerios were?
(a) He yelled at Skelly.
(b) He got annoyed.
(c) He though Skelly was joking.
(d) He thought it was funny.
8. What did he see in front of his neighbor's house?
(a) A new tree.
(b) A moving van.
(c) A trailer.
(d) A cop car.
9. How did Jake feel about the book he had to read for class?
(a) He identified with it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He thought it was funny.
(d) He thought it was stupid.
10. What does Aunt Marguerite do with Skelly after dinner?
(a) Reads a story to him.
(b) She takes him for a walk.
(c) Watches television with him.
(d) Watches a movie with him.
11. What kind of cooking does Aunt Marguerite excel in?
(c) Ordering out.
12. What did Jake do to Skelly at the dinner table?
(a) He told him that Skelly didn't know anything.
(b) He cleaned Skelly's face.
(c) He helped him remember things.
(d) He served his food for him.
13. What did Jake have to do before school?
(a) Get Skelly up and ready.
(b) Make his lunch.
(c) His book report.
(d) Call his friend for a ride.
14. How did Jake feel about his eighth grade graduation?
(a) He wants to ignore it.
(b) He didn't really care about it.
(c) He was nervous about it.
(d) He is very excited about it.
15. How did Jake feel about sleeping when Skelly was gone?
(a) He just couldn't get comfortable.
(b) It was wise, but impossible.
(c) It was a good idea.
(d) He felt it was unfair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was strapped on top of the vehicle?
2. Why wouldn't Skelly get in the cab?
3. How does Aunt Marguerite help take care of Skelly?
4. How did Skelly react to the attention he received when he got home?
5. How did James react when he saw what the cops found in the park?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)