|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man doing in the dumpster?
(a) Looking for recyclables.
(b) Looking for treasure.
(c) He is trying to find a lottery ticket.
2. What did Skelly call Thorbert?
(a) A little mouse.
(b) A shy little troll.
(c) Thor, God of Thunder.
(d) A rebellious child.
3. What question did Jake's dad ask his mom at dinner on their one-year anniversary?
(a) He asked her if she wanted children.
(b) He asked her if she wanted to marry him.
(c) He asked her what kind of house they should buy.
(d) He asked if he could date her roommate.
4. Skelly decided Jake was ____________.
(a) His son.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A delivery boy.
(d) His old best friend Claude Harper.
5. What did Jake do with the slip for the football league in seventh grade?
(a) He took it home for Skelly to sign.
(b) He framed it.
(c) He wadded it up and threw it out.
(d) He took it home for his mother to sign.
6. What gift did Skelly give Jake after he was digging in the garden?
(a) A big hug.
(b) His trowel.
(c) A favorite Matchbox race car of his.
(d) A smile.
7. Where did Jake's father take his mother for their anniversary dinner?
(a) A restaurant on the water.
(b) On a picnic.
(c) To an amusement park.
8. How did Jake feel about Skelly when Skelly came with his mom to pick him up from the football field?
(a) He was happy Skelly recognized him.
(b) He hated Skelly.
(c) He felt pity.
(d) He felt depressed about his life with Skelly.
9. What bothered Skelly the most about James and Jake?
(a) All they talked about was cars and girls.
(b) They were always goofing around and never got work done.
(c) They were too into their looks.
(d) They were always fighting.
10. Who came to Familiy Night dinner?
(a) The church family.
(c) Jake, Mom, and Skelly.
(d) Aunt Marguerite and James.
11. What happened when Lucas came over?
(a) He noticed Skelly's clothes in the oven.
(b) They baked a cake with Skelly.
(c) Skelly made such a scene that Lucas refused to come indoors.
(d) He confided that his grandparent suffered from Alzheimer's, too.
12. Who was the third boy?
(a) The class proctor.
(b) The teacher's boy.
(c) The man's grandson.
(d) The nurse's boy.
13. How does the old man react to the boys at first?
(a) He swears at them.
(b) He invites them to join him.
(c) He has no reaction.
(d) He makes a big show out of ignoring them.
14. What happened when Skelly went to the Little League games?
(a) He started crying because he didn't understand where he was.
(b) He wandered across the field.
(c) He cheered too loudly.
(d) He kept trying to play, too.
15. What was Skelly getting confused about at the dinner table?
(a) What day it was.
(b) Which silverware to use.
(c) The name of his old dog.
(d) Where he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did sixth grade start our for Jake?
2. What did Aaron do after Skelly walked in on them while he and Jake were watching movies?
3. Jake looked in the Dumpster and figured out what had interested Skelly. What was it?
4. How did the third boy feel about his reaction to the old man.
5. How did Jake's mother respond to the father's question?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)