|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jake feel about Skelly when Skelly came with his mom to pick him up from the football field?
(a) He felt depressed about his life with Skelly.
(b) He felt pity.
(c) He was happy Skelly recognized him.
(d) He hated Skelly.
2. What happened when Jake was telling his Valentine's story to his mother?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She grounded him.
(c) His grandfather kept interrupting.
(d) The teacher called.
3. How does the man show that he did hear them?
(a) His head perks up.
(b) He tells them to mind their own business.
(c) He asks them what they mean.
(d) He asks them to speak louder.
4. What instrument did Jake want to learn to play?
(d) He hated music.
5. What happened when Skelly lifted Aunt Marguerite's table?
(a) He laughed at how light it was.
(b) He broke his back.
(c) He fell down the stairs.
(d) He forgot what he was doing and brought it back to the car.
6. What happened when Thorbert brought the picture to Skelly?
(a) Skelly got angry at him.
(b) Skelly didn't remember him.
(c) Skelly started crying.
(d) Skelly refused to talk with Thorbert.
7. How did Jake feel when he was playing football?
(a) He felt weak.
(b) He knew he was a disaster on the field.
(c) He felt like the hero of the team.
(d) He thought it felt really good.
8. What did Jake begin to do when his friends called?
(a) He yelled at them.
(b) He turned down their invitations.
(c) He invited them over.
(d) He ignored the phone.
9. How did Jake's mother respond to the father's question?
(a) She started house-hunting.
(b) She packed up and left for Connecticut.
(c) She started dreaming about baby names.
(d) She cried with happiness.
10. What happened to Thorbert after Skelly gave him the nickname?
(a) He decided to start behaving.
(c) He became the class outcast.
(d) He stopped crying in class, his hair grew thicker, and he started projecting his voice.
11. What was surprising about Mrs. Russell?
(a) She had a knack for saying the right things at the right time.
(b) She had a great voice.
(c) She and Skelly had grown up together on the same street.
(d) She was very young.
12. How did Jake feel about taking his grandfather to the bathroom to wash his hands?
(a) It made him sad to realize his grandfather couldn't do it himself.
(b) He was happy to help the man who used to help him.
(c) He didn't want to do it.
(d) He thought it was pretty funny that little Jake had to help big Skelly.
13. What was used to remind Skelly of things?
(a) Counseling sessions.
(b) Post-it notes.
(d) Phone calls.
14. What did Jake do with the slip for the football league in seventh grade?
(a) He took it home for his mother to sign.
(b) He took it home for Skelly to sign.
(c) He framed it.
(d) He wadded it up and threw it out.
15. What caused Jake's mom to get fired?
(a) She was late too many times.
(b) She mouthed off to her boss.
(c) She stole money.
(d) She turned a pie plate over on a customer's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did mom struggle to do?
2. What did Aaron do after Skelly walked in on them while he and Jake were watching movies?
3. Where did Jake's father take his mother for their anniversary dinner?
4. What did Jake and Skelly do after dinner every night?
5. What happened when Lucas came over?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)