|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jake see when he got out of the bathroom with Skelly?
(a) Mrs. Russell.
(b) Two cheerleaders.
2. What did Skelly call Thorbert?
(a) A little mouse.
(b) A rebellious child.
(c) A shy little troll.
(d) Thor, God of Thunder.
3. What does the man do when he realizes the boys are talking to him?
(a) He tells them to go get help.
(b) He lowers himself into the dumpster.
(c) He turns around and ignores them.
(d) He gets out to converse with them.
4. What did Jake's father think about his son?
(a) They are two peas in a pod.
(b) He is embarrassed to have his son around.
(c) He is very proud of him.
(d) He never knew he had a son.
5. How did Jake feel when he was playing football?
(a) He thought it felt really good.
(b) He felt like the hero of the team.
(c) He knew he was a disaster on the field.
(d) He felt weak.
6. How do the boys feel when they think the man is deaf?
(a) They feel badly about ignoring him.
(b) They taunt him even more.
(c) They don't think teasing him is funny anymore.
(d) They start to get mean.
7. Why did Jake's mom feel guilty when Skelly was in the dumpster?
(a) She had forgotten to lock the door to the house so he was free to wander.
(b) She feels like she neglect him.
(c) She felt like she should have warned him not to go there.
(d) She told him to got empty the trash.
8. What did Jake begin to do when his friends called?
(a) He ignored the phone.
(b) He turned down their invitations.
(c) He yelled at them.
(d) He invited them over.
9. How does the old man react to the boys at first?
(a) He makes a big show out of ignoring them.
(b) He invites them to join him.
(c) He swears at them.
(d) He has no reaction.
10. What happened when Thorbert brought the picture to Skelly?
(a) Skelly started crying.
(b) Skelly didn't remember him.
(c) Skelly refused to talk with Thorbert.
(d) Skelly got angry at him.
11. What do the boys realize about the man?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He has a disease.
(c) There is something wrong with him.
(d) He is a convict.
12. What happened when Jake woke Skelly up for dinner four months after the accident?
(a) Skelly hit Jake.
(b) Skelly fell again.
(c) Skelly didn't know who he was.
(d) Skelly wouldn't wake up.
13. Where did Jake's mother work until he was born?
(b) She was on bed rest.
(c) At the school.
(d) At the bank.
14. What was surprising about Mrs. Russell?
(a) She was very young.
(b) She had a great voice.
(c) She and Skelly had grown up together on the same street.
(d) She had a knack for saying the right things at the right time.
15. What was Skelly getting confused about at the dinner table?
(a) Where he was.
(b) What day it was.
(c) The name of his old dog.
(d) Which silverware to use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Skelly take on when Jake was in first grade?
2. How did sixth grade start our for Jake?
3. What did Skelly do with the flower seeds he was given to cheer him up?
4. What does one of the three boys do when they see the man in the dumpster?
5. Who gives Jake his name?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)