|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jake begin to do when his friends called?
(a) He turned down their invitations.
(b) He yelled at them.
(c) He invited them over.
(d) He ignored the phone.
2. How does the man show that he did hear them?
(a) He tells them to mind their own business.
(b) He asks them what they mean.
(c) He asks them to speak louder.
(d) His head perks up.
3. Skelly decided Jake was ____________.
(a) An enemy.
(b) His son.
(c) His old best friend Claude Harper.
(d) A delivery boy.
4. What happened when Skelly went to the Little League games?
(a) He wandered across the field.
(b) He cheered too loudly.
(c) He kept trying to play, too.
(d) He started crying because he didn't understand where he was.
5. Jake's theory is that people grow to look like ____________.
(a) Their name.
(b) Their cousins.
(c) Their pets.
(d) Their close friends.
6. What did Skelly teach Jake to do at a very young age?
(a) Use his manners.
(b) Add and subtract.
(d) Paint and sand.
7. What job had Skelly always had?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a house painter.
(c) He was an accountant.
(d) He was a doctor.
8. What job did Jake's mom have when he was in fourth grade?
9. What do the boys realize about the man?
(a) He is a convict.
(b) There is something wrong with him.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He has a disease.
10. What bothered Skelly the most about James and Jake?
(a) They were always fighting.
(b) All they talked about was cars and girls.
(c) They were always goofing around and never got work done.
(d) They were too into their looks.
11. How did Jake feel about Skelly when Skelly came with his mom to pick him up from the football field?
(a) He hated Skelly.
(b) He was happy Skelly recognized him.
(c) He felt depressed about his life with Skelly.
(d) He felt pity.
12. How did the custodian know whom to call when he found Skelly in the dumpster?
(a) He guessed.
(b) Jake told him.
(c) He recognized Skelly.
(d) Skelly was wearing a Medic Alert ID necklace.
13. What gift did Skelly give Jake after he was digging in the garden?
(a) A favorite Matchbox race car of his.
(b) A smile.
(c) His trowel.
(d) A big hug.
14. How did Jake get along with his cousin James?
(a) Jake considered James his hero.
(b) They hated each other.
(c) They tolerated each other.
(d) They were like brothers.
15. What did Jake's teammates call his grandfather?
(a) Mr. Magoo.
(b) Mr. S.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to Familiy Night dinner?
2. What does Jake do when Skelly starts inquiring about his mother?
3. What happened when Skelly lifted Aunt Marguerite's table?
4. What did Skelly do that he had never done before when Jake asked him to play catch?
5. How did Jake try to absolve himself of his guilt over ignoring Skelly in the Dumpster?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)