|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Thorbert after Skelly gave him the nickname?
(a) He became the class outcast.
(b) He decided to start behaving.
(c) He stopped crying in class, his hair grew thicker, and he started projecting his voice.
2. What was the first thing Skelly did when Jake learned to walk?
(a) He hugged him.
(b) He took him to the ball field.
(c) He called his parents to brag.
(d) He gave Jake ice cream.
3. What was Skelly getting confused about at the dinner table?
(a) The name of his old dog.
(b) What day it was.
(c) Which silverware to use.
(d) Where he was.
4. What did Jake's teammates call his grandfather?
(a) Mr. S.
(b) Mr. Magoo.
5. How do the boys feel when they think the man is deaf?
(a) They taunt him even more.
(b) They start to get mean.
(c) They feel badly about ignoring him.
(d) They don't think teasing him is funny anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job had Skelly always had?
2. How did Jake know his grandfather was getting worse?
3. What does the man do when he realizes the boys are talking to him?
4. How does the old man react to the boys at first?
5. What happened when Skelly lifted Aunt Marguerite's table?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)