Chapters 1 and 2
1. What do two of the three boys do when they see the man in the dumpster?
(a) Taunt him.
(b) Help the man.
(c) Remain quiet.
(d) Turn away in embarrassment.
2. What does one of the three boys do when they see the man in the dumpster?
(a) Turns away in embarrassment.
(b) Helps the man.
(c) Remains quiet.
(d) Taunts him.
3. What is the man doing in the dumpster?
(a) Looking for recyclables.
(b) Looking for treasure.
(d) He is trying to find a lottery ticket.
4. How does the old man react to the boys at first?
(a) He invites them to join him.
(b) He has no reaction.
(c) He swears at them.
(d) He makes a big show out of ignoring them.
5. How do the boys feel when they think the man is deaf?
(a) They feel badly about ignoring him.
(b) They taunt him even more.
(c) They don't think teasing him is funny anymore.
(d) They start to get mean.
This section contains 5,166 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)