Chapters 1 and 2
• Three boys see an old man in the dumpster.
• Two of the boys make fun of the man. The third just watches.
• The boys realize something is wrong with the man.
• The third boy is Jake, the man's grandson.
• Jake explains how he got his name.
• Jake's mom was a single mom who moved in with her dad.
• Skelly develops a friendship with Thorbert and calls him Thor, God of Thunder.
• Jake remembers how Skelly had a knack for giving people self-confidence.
• Skelly starts displaying symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease.
Chapters 3 and 4
• Jake tries to tell his mom about Valentine's Day, and Skelly keeps interrupting.
• Skelly embarrasses Jake in front of his friend.
• Jake locks Skelly out of the house.
• Skelly gives Jake a gift, and he feels guilty.
• Jake remembers how Skelly taught him about woodworking.
• James and Jake fight.
• Skelly falls and breaks his wrists...
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)