|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Josh nervous about spending time with Beth?
2. What consequence does Peter face from Josh being Larry?
3. What is Josh surprised by in the Boston Globe?
4. What prevents Josh from telling Beth that he is Larry?
5. What does Josh think about Beth when he considers his plans and their effect on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the epigraph to Part 5, and what is its importance?
2. How does Josh rise from his depression about being commoditized?
3. What are Josh's thoughts about leaving a suicide note?
4. How many things does Josh take with him on the appointed day?
5. Describe the incident when Josh gave a woman his toothbrush.
6. What does Josh hear from his mother when he goes to Bloomingdale's?
7. Describe Josh's funeral.
8. What is it that jolts Josh out of his feeling of peace, love and understanding?
9. What are the consequences for Beth, that Josh is Larry?
10. How does Josh disguise himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of 'The Gospel According to Larry'. What are this book's uses? What are its limitations? Who is its audience?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the author uses the frame story in which she includes herself and explains how she was given the manuscript? What are the benefits of this frame? What are the risks she takes?
Essay Topic 3
Does Josh claim to be a messiah, or just a guide? Does he want people to follow his way, or just to follow their own way? How does he account for people whose decisions would be different from his?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)