|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josh tell Beth about the publicity?
2. What does Josh wonder while he is making his vision quest?
3. How many possessions does Josh take with him?
4. What claim does betagold make about Larryfest?
5. Who is Tracy Hawthorne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Josh's thoughts about leaving a suicide note?
2. Describe Josh's funeral.
3. What does Josh find are advantages of being outed as Larry?
4. What are the consequences for Beth, that Josh is Larry?
5. What does Josh hear from his mother when he goes to Bloomingdale's?
6. What does Josh conclude from the media circus surrounding his life?
7. What is the epigraph for Part 3, and what is its significance?
8. Describe Josh's pseudocide.
9. What happens between Josh and Beth at Larryfest?
10. What snaps Josh out of his depression and wandering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the Bible in 'The Gospel According to Larry'? How is Josh's book a Bible, and how is it rebelling against being a Bible?
Essay Topic 2
Sketch an outline for a sequel to 'The Gospel According to Larry'. Would Josh keep writing? What would he do after the book was published? Would anything draw him out of hiding?
Essay Topic 3
How would 'The Gospel According to Larry' be different if it were told from a woman's perspective? What if betagold or Beth told the story? What if Josh were female? How would the story be different?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)