|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does media attention do to Josh?
2. Who is Tracy Hawthorne?
3. What is Larryfest?
4. What does Beth say at Josh's funeral?
5. What does Josh think about Beth when he considers his plans and their effect on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Josh's thoughts about leaving a suicide note?
2. What are the consequences for Beth, that Josh is Larry?
3. What does Josh hear from his mother when he goes to Bloomingdale's?
4. Describe Josh's pseudocide.
5. What happens during Josh's vision quest?
6. What is the epigraph for Part 3, and what is its significance?
7. What does Josh conclude from the media circus surrounding his life?
8. What is the epigraph to Part 5, and what is its importance?
9. Describe Josh's funeral.
10. Describe the incident when Josh gave a woman his toothbrush.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Visit the 'Larry' blog, and describe its relationship with the book. Is it a work in its own right, or is it just an extra-part of the book? Does it seem to attract the same kind of audience that was drawn to Larry within the book?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of change do Josh and Beth and the kids in the Larry fan club want to make in the world? What problems do they want to solve? How effective are their methods?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the Bible in 'The Gospel According to Larry'? How is Josh's book a Bible, and how is it rebelling against being a Bible?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)