|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does media attention do to Josh?
2. What was Josh's new vocation?
3. When does Josh plan to fake his death?
4. What does betagold do at Larryfest?
5. What does Josh look forward to in having died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the epigraph to Part 5, and what is its importance?
2. What does Josh find are advantages of being outed as Larry?
3. What are the consequences for Peter Josh being outed as Larry?
4. What snaps Josh out of his depression and wandering?
5. How does Josh know what happens in his absence?
6. What happens during Josh's vision quest?
7. What are the disadvantages of being outed as Larry?
8. What does Josh conclude from the media circus surrounding his life?
9. Describe Josh's pseudocide.
10. What happens between Josh and Beth at Larryfest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of family in 'The Gospel According to Larry'? Could Josh have written 'The Gospel According to Larry' if he had a stable, happy family? Was the website and then the book a kind of compensation for his lack of family?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think it was necessary for Josh to stage his own death? Could he have lived with the media attention, and used it for good? What other options did he have beside pseudocide, and why was pseudocide his best option?
Essay Topic 3
Read the sequel to 'The Gospel According to Larry', and Compare and contrast the two books. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)