|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Josh start to limit his possessions?
2. What makes Josh feel close to Peter?
3. What does Beth give Josh for his trip to the cemetery?
4. How does Josh's website put him in an awkward position?
5. Who is Larry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Josh go for a 'whole new level of solitude' when he wants to think?
2. How does Larry's website get noticed?
3. Why hasn't Josh told Beth that he is Larry?
4. What is Josh's relationship with his stepfather like?
5. What is the relationship between Josh and Beth?
6. What is the importance of the epigraph to Part 2?
7. What signs of death appear around Josh, and how does he interpret them?
8. How does Josh get in touch with his mother?
9. Describe Josh's visit to the cemetery with Peter.
10. What items does Josh post photos of on Larry's website?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Josh consistent with his message, or does he contradict himself? How does he address the possibility of self-contradiction, or selling out?
Essay Topic 2
Read the sequel to 'The Gospel According to Larry', and Compare and contrast the two books. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of 'The Gospel According to Larry'. What are this book's uses? What are its limitations? Who is its audience?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)