|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many possessions does Josh have?
2. How old was the person who gave Tashjian the manuscript?
3. Why doesn't Josh want to give Larry up?
4. When did Josh begin to put more effort into his website?
5. What does a teacher tell Tashjian about Josh Swensen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What items does Josh post photos of on Larry's website?
2. What does Beth give Josh on the anniversary of his mother's death?
3. What is Beth asking Josh to do when the novel opens?
4. What motivated Josh to adopt an anti-consumerist message?
5. How does Josh's personal life intrude on Larry's sermons?
6. How are Tashjian and the boy in contact?
7. What does Josh take from Peter, his step-father?
8. What is Josh's answer when Tashjian warns him that publishing the book will renew his troubles?
9. What is the importance of the epigraph for Part 1?
10. Where does 'The Gospel According to Larry' begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think it was necessary for Josh to stage his own death? Could he have lived with the media attention, and used it for good? What other options did he have beside pseudocide, and why was pseudocide his best option?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of change do Josh and Beth and the kids in the Larry fan club want to make in the world? What problems do they want to solve? How effective are their methods?
Essay Topic 3
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)