|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irony does Josh see in his newfound fame?
(a) He had not wanted to be popular, and now he was somewhat happy with fame.
(b) He had ranted about back-stabbing friends, and now he stabbed his fans in the back.
(c) He had preached about integrity, but now he was selling integrity.
(d) He had ranted against celebrities and now he was one.
2. What does the banner on the plan claim about Josh?
(a) That he wears certain jeans.
(b) That he eats a certain candy.
(c) That he drinks a certain soda.
(d) That he drives a certain car.
3. What does Josh offer to an older woman at Larryfest?
(a) His toothbrush.
(c) A towel.
4. Where does Josh go after finishing his manuscript?
(a) Beth's house.
(b) Walden Pond.
5. What is Larryfest?
(a) A music festival.
(b) An economic summit.
(c) An anti-consumerist festival.
(d) A film festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Josh's new vocation?
2. What does Beth do in response to the news that Josh is Larry?
3. How many possessions does Josh take with him?
4. What does Josh tell Beth about the publicity?
5. Where is the epigraph for Part 4 from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that jolts Josh out of his feeling of peace, love and understanding?
2. Describe Josh's funeral.
3. What are Josh's thoughts about leaving a suicide note?
4. What snaps Josh out of his depression and wandering?
5. Describe the incident when Josh gave a woman his toothbrush.
6. What happens during Josh's vision quest?
7. What is the epigraph to Part 6, and what is its importance?
8. What happens between Josh and Beth at Larryfest?
9. What is Larryfest like?
10. What does Josh conclude from the media circus surrounding his life?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)