|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the epigraph for Part 4 from?
(a) 'Romeo and Juliet'.
(b) 'Alice in Wonderland'.
(c) 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.
(d) The book of Matthew.
2. What consequence does Peter face from Josh being Larry?
(a) He has unique marketing opportunities.
(b) He wins new contracts.
(c) He loses accounts.
(d) He can merchandize his possessions.
3. What prevents Josh from telling Beth that he is Larry?
(b) His stepfather.
(d) Three girls from Chicago.
4. What does Josh tell Beth about the publicity?
(a) He wishes he had more wisdom to control it.
(b) He feels strangely fulfilled by it.
(c) He is afraid he does not have enough friends to withstand it.
(d) He is miserable because of it.
5. Where is Larryfest held?
(b) The Adirondacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beth ultimately break with Josh?
2. What is the gist of the epigraph at the beginning of Part 6?
3. How many people claimed to be Josh's father?
4. What does Josh throw over the falls?
5. Where does Josh go after finishing his manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the epigraph for Part 3, and what is its significance?
2. How does Josh know what happens in his absence?
3. What snaps Josh out of his depression and wandering?
4. Describe Josh's pseudocide.
5. What is the epigraph to Part 6, and what is its importance?
6. What are Josh's thoughts about leaving a suicide note?
7. Describe Josh's funeral.
8. Describe the incident when Josh gave a woman his toothbrush.
9. What is Larryfest like?
10. What is it that jolts Josh out of his feeling of peace, love and understanding?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)