|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh wonder when he sees Beth outside her house?
(a) Whether she is relieved.
(b) Whether she hates herself now.
(c) Whether she knows he is still alive.
(d) Whether she misses him.
2. What does Josh make a list of?
(a) All the sermons he'll have to make.
(b) All the things he will need.
(c) All the letters he'll have to write.
(d) All the people he'll have to say goodbye to.
3. What is the friendship between Josh and Beth like at Larryfest?
(a) They become intimate.
(b) They hold hands but are still friends.
(c) They have a falling out.
(d) They are as aloof and friendly as ever.
4. What encouragement does Josh get when he visits Bloomingdale's?
(a) He overhears a man telling his daughter to admire Larry.
(b) He overhears a man tell his wife to continue her work.
(c) He overhears a beautician tell a woman she is beautiful.
(d) He overhears a woman telling her son that she's proud of him.
5. What irony does Josh see in his newfound fame?
(a) He had ranted against celebrities and now he was one.
(b) He had ranted about back-stabbing friends, and now he stabbed his fans in the back.
(c) He had not wanted to be popular, and now he was somewhat happy with fame.
(d) He had preached about integrity, but now he was selling integrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Josh make a vision quest?
2. Where does Josh check into a motel?
3. How does Josh feel the universe has set him up?
4. Why does Beth ultimately break with Josh?
5. When does Josh cry for Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Larryfest like?
2. What are the consequences for Beth, that Josh is Larry?
3. What are the consequences for Peter Josh being outed as Larry?
4. Describe Josh's pseudocide.
5. What happens during Josh's vision quest?
6. Why doesn't Josh leave for Santa Fe?
7. How does Josh rise from his depression about being commoditized?
8. What is the epigraph to Part 5, and what is its importance?
9. What are the disadvantages of being outed as Larry?
10. Describe Josh's funeral.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)