|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Josh cry for Peter?
(a) When Peter throws dirt on the grave.
(b) When Peter speaks about how he couldn't give Josh everything he needed.
(c) When Peter carries the empty coffin to the grave side.
(d) When Peter condemns Josh for his selfish act of killing himself.
2. What is pseudocide?
(a) False vision.
(b) False faith.
(c) False prophecy.
(d) False death.
3. Why does Beth ultimately break with Josh?
(a) Because she doesn't believe in his message any more.
(b) Because she considers him a sell-out.
(c) Because friendship should have been based on honesty.
(d) Because her parents have threatened her if she sees him.
4. What is the gist of the epigraph for Part 5?
(a) Repenting for sins.
(b) The pleasure of sinfulness.
(c) Rising from the dead.
(d) The danger of damnation.
5. Where does Josh make a vision quest?
(a) In his underground room.
(b) Behind the falls.
(c) In his basement.
(d) In his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the banner on the plan claim about Josh?
2. Where is the epigraph to Part 3 from?
3. What does Josh make a list of?
4. How does Josh feel the universe has set him up?
5. What consequence does Peter face from Josh being Larry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Josh's vision quest?
2. What does Josh hear from his mother when he goes to Bloomingdale's?
3. What is the epigraph to Part 6, and what is its importance?
4. What is Larryfest like?
5. Why doesn't Josh leave for Santa Fe?
6. What snaps Josh out of his depression and wandering?
7. What happens between Josh and Beth at Larryfest?
8. How does Josh know what happens in his absence?
9. What is the epigraph for Part 3, and what is its significance?
10. What are the consequences for Peter Josh being outed as Larry?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)