|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Josh want to give Larry up?
(a) He thrives on Larry's popularity.
(b) He has invested a lot of money in making the website possible.
(c) He wants to be discovered.
(d) His work is not finished.
2. When does Tashjian hear from the person who gave her the manuscript next?
(a) A few days later.
(b) The next day.
(c) A few weeks later.
(d) A week later.
3. What did the author of 'The Gospel According to Larry' put at the beginning of each chapter?
(a) Quotes from different authors.
(b) Quotes from the Unabomber.
(c) Quotes from Thoreau.
(d) Quotes from the Bible.
4. What is Josh fighting against?
5. Who tells the narrative of 'The Gospel According to Larry'?
(d) Janet Tashjian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth give herself for her birthday?
2. Where does the epigraph for part 2 come from?
3. What does Josh complain about in a lecture after seeing Beth?
4. What does Tashjian's editor think of the manuscript?
5. What was the website like when Josh started it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Josh's answer when Tashjian warns him that publishing the book will renew his troubles?
2. What is Josh's relationship with his possessions?
3. Describe Josh's visit to the cemetery with Peter.
4. What is Josh's relationship with his stepfather like?
5. What is Tashjian's response to Josh's story?
6. How does Josh's personal life intrude on Larry's sermons?
7. Where does 'The Gospel According to Larry' begin?
8. What is the importance of the epigraph to Part 2?
9. Who is Janet Tashjian?
10. Where does Josh go for a 'whole new level of solitude' when he wants to think?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)