|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tashjian tell Josh when she mails him the galleys?
(a) That if the book is published people will know he is alive.
(b) That he is going to be rich and famous after this is published.
(c) That he should get a lawyer.
(d) That he should hide out until the media storm blows over.
2. What was the person who gave Tashjian the manuscript reading?
(a) The Communist Manifesto.
(b) The Handmaid's Tale.
(c) Animal Farm.
3. What does a teacher tell Tashjian about Josh Swensen?
(a) He is the Messiah.
(b) He has a Messiah complex.
(c) He is schizophrenic.
(d) He is a genius.
4. Where had the person who gave Tashjian the manuscript just returned from?
(a) Niagara Falls.
(b) Walden Pond.
(c) The mall.
(d) New York City.
5. How does Tashjian characterize Josh's attitude while he is listening to Beth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy North determine about Larry?
2. Who is Larry?
3. What does Josh complain about in sermon 93?
4. How many of the seniors in Josh's school are in the Larry fan club?
5. What does Beth say to Josh's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Josh's answer when Tashjian warns him that publishing the book will renew his troubles?
2. Describe Josh's visit to the cemetery with Peter.
3. What is Josh's relationship with Katherine?
4. What is Beth asking Josh to do when the novel opens?
5. What is Josh's catch-22?
6. Who is Janet Tashjian?
7. How does Larry's website get noticed?
8. What is the importance of the epigraph for Part 1?
9. What is the importance of the epigraph to Part 2?
10. How does Josh get in touch with his mother?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)