|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the seniors in Josh's school are in the Larry fan club?
2. Who is Larry?
(a) The main character.
(b) Josh's antagonist.
(c) A pseudonym for Josh.
(d) The author.
3. How does Janet Tashjian claim to have received the manuscript for 'The Gospel According to Larry'?
(a) She claimed to have discovered it in a box of her grandfather's papers.
(b) She received the submission at the press where she worked.
(c) A young man handed it to her at the supermarket.
(d) A young man thought it was hers and 'returned it' to her.
4. Why did Tashjian agree to take the manuscript?
(a) Because she was curious what was inside it.
(b) Because the person who gave it to her was reading to her.
(c) Because she knew the person who gave it to her.
(d) Because the person who gave it to her ran away.
5. What is Josh's response to what Tashjian tells him?
(a) That he can't protect people from themselves.
(b) That he only has one life to live.
(c) That he needs to be honest.
(d) That he can't be responsible for other people's feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josh pretend with Beth?
2. What does Josh expect to study in college?
3. When did Josh begin to put more effort into his website?
4. What does Tashjian realize on her way home with the manuscript?
5. What does Josh have to do when he buys something?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Janet Tashjian?
2. What does Josh take from Peter, his step-father?
3. What does Beth give Josh on the anniversary of his mother's death?
4. What is the response to the Larry fan club?
5. What is Josh's answer when Tashjian warns him that publishing the book will renew his troubles?
6. What is Beth asking Josh to do when the novel opens?
7. What motivated Josh to adopt an anti-consumerist message?
8. Describe Josh's visit to the cemetery with Peter.
9. What does Tashjian find out about Josh when she researches him?
10. How are Tashjian and the boy in contact?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)