|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the person who gave Tashjian the manuscript?
2. When did Josh begin to put more effort into his website?
(a) When he found out that Beth read it.
(b) When it became popular.
(c) When he thought he could make money from it.
(d) When he found out that his step-father hated it.
3. What does Beth say to Josh's mother?
(a) That he is a really sweet guy.
(b) That she's taking care of him.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she would be proud of him.
4. What does Tashjian's editor think of the manuscript?
(a) She does not want to publish it.
(b) She thinks it needs a lot of work.
(c) She wants to publish it.
(d) She is uncertain about its origins.
5. What does Josh have to do when he buys something?
(a) Post it on his website.
(b) Make space in his room for it.
(c) Get rid of something else.
(d) Pretend it was a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since Josh's mother died?
2. What does Josh complain about in sermon 93?
3. Why doesn't Josh want to give Larry up?
4. What does Josh realize when he sees the size of the fan club?
5. What lesson has Josh learned from living with his stepfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motivated Josh to adopt an anti-consumerist message?
2. What is Josh's relationship with Katherine?
3. What does Tashjian find out about Josh when she researches him?
4. What is Josh's relationship with his stepfather like?
5. What is the relationship between Josh and Beth?
6. Describe Josh's visit to the cemetery with Peter.
7. What signs of death appear around Josh, and how does he interpret them?
8. What does Beth give Josh on the anniversary of his mother's death?
9. How does Josh get in touch with his mother?
10. Where does Josh go for a 'whole new level of solitude' when he wants to think?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)