|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Josh's new vocation?
(a) Spiritual hobo.
(b) Bohemian artist.
(c) Serial killer.
2. Where does Josh stay after the funeral?
(a) A shack in the woods.
(b) His basement.
(c) His underground cabin.
(d) New Jersey.
3. What does Josh say he can focus on, now that his manuscript is finished?
(a) Starting a family.
(b) Making money.
(c) Returning home.
4. What does Josh refuse to do for Peter?
(a) Endorse his sponsors.
(c) Take money from corporations.
(d) Recant his sermons.
5. What is Larryfest?
(a) An anti-consumerist festival.
(b) A music festival.
(c) A film festival.
(d) An economic summit.
6. How does betagold scare Josh?
(a) By claiming that she has a method for identifying Larry.
(b) By saying that she already knows who Larry is.
(c) By announcing that she will fly to Boston.
(d) By hacking Larry's website.
7. What happens when Josh kisses Beth?
(a) She tells him never to do that again.
(b) She tells him she always had a crush on him.
(c) She tells him she is dating Todd.
(d) She kisses him back.
8. How many people claimed to be Josh's father?
9. What encouragement does Josh get when he visits Bloomingdale's?
(a) He overhears a beautician tell a woman she is beautiful.
(b) He overhears a man telling his daughter to admire Larry.
(c) He overhears a woman telling her son that she's proud of him.
(d) He overhears a man tell his wife to continue her work.
10. What is the gist of the epigraph for Part 5?
(a) Rising from the dead.
(b) Repenting for sins.
(c) The danger of damnation.
(d) The pleasure of sinfulness.
11. What does the banner on the plan claim about Josh?
(a) That he drives a certain car.
(b) That he drinks a certain soda.
(c) That he eats a certain candy.
(d) That he wears certain jeans.
12. Where does Josh check into a motel?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
13. What does Josh throw over the falls?
(a) His shirt and bookbag.
(b) A dummy dressed like him.
(c) His shoes and sweatshirt.
(d) His pants and wallet and shoes.
14. Where does the epigraph at the beginning of Part 6 come from?
(b) The book of Mark.
(c) The book of Matthew.
(d) The book of Luke.
15. How does the older woman make Josh's day?
(a) By telling him that he's very handsome.
(b) By telling him that his mother would be proud of him.
(c) By telling Beth that she should consider herself lucky.
(d) By telling him that he's as good a person as Larry claims to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many possessions does Josh take with him?
2. What irony does Josh see in his newfound fame?
3. Which is NOT an advantage of Josh being revealed as Larry?
4. Why is Josh nervous about spending time with Beth?
5. What aspect of betagold makes Josh think of his mother?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)