|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh think about Peter when he considers his plans and their effect on him?
(a) He thinks that Peter will be better off.
(b) He thinks Peter will be crushed.
(c) He thinks that Peter will be glad because Katherine won't have to compete with Josh for Peter's attention.
(d) He thinks that Peter will replace him soon enough.
2. Where is Larryfest held?
(c) The Adirondacks.
3. Where does Josh stay after the funeral?
(a) His underground cabin.
(b) A shack in the woods.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) His basement.
4. How does Josh buy himself an escape?
(a) He bribes a mailman.
(b) He gets a hotel room.
(c) He gets a bus ticket.
(d) He buys a disguise.
5. What climax takes place when Josh Swensen is identified as Larry?
(a) Josh's step-father recognizes his anti-consumerism as resentment, and they reconcile.
(b) Josh's conversations with his mother are transformed into conversations with betagold.
(c) The foreshadowing of death is fulfilled, and Josh Swensen 'dies'.
(d) Bono becomes the father Josh always wanted.
6. Why does Beth ultimately break with Josh?
(a) Because she doesn't believe in his message any more.
(b) Because she considers him a sell-out.
(c) Because her parents have threatened her if she sees him.
(d) Because friendship should have been based on honesty.
7. How does Josh feel the universe has set him up?
(a) So that his grief over his mother would become permanent.
(b) So that the only thing he can do is start over.
(c) So that he was led into the trap of a second personality.
(d) So that he would never be able to have a father again.
8. What is Josh surprised by in the Boston Globe?
(a) A lawsuit over the copyright of Josh Swensen's name and writing.
(b) A paternity suit against Josh Swensen.
(c) Someone claiming to be Josh Swensen.
(d) Beth's report that Josh is alive.
9. What is Item 57 that Josh posts on the website?
(a) A book.
(b) A CD.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A camera.
10. What does Josh throw over the falls?
(a) A dummy dressed like him.
(b) His pants and wallet and shoes.
(c) His shoes and sweatshirt.
(d) His shirt and bookbag.
11. What does Josh say when Beth says that he should have told her?
(a) He almost did, a number of times.
(b) He was afraid.
(c) He couldn't.
(d) He didn't trust himself to let her in on the secret.
12. What does Josh consider doing to escape the media attention?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Camps out.
(c) Fights back.
13. What does Josh say is the only thing making his exile bearable?
(a) That Beth will be crushed for missing him.
(b) That he has his freedom.
(c) That Peter will blame himself for Josh's death.
(d) That he will see Beth again soon.
14. When does Josh plan to fake his death?
(a) When school is out.
(b) When Peter will be the one to find that he missing.
(c) When Peter is out of town.
(d) When Beth is with him.
15. What does Josh watch on TV from the motel?
(a) Bono's lamentation of Josh's suicide.
(b) The news sensationalizing his death for ratings.
(c) Coverage of his death.
(d) An exposé on the commercialization of Larry's website.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Josh identify himself when the police ask him for identification?
2. What does Josh tell himself to be?
3. What does the banner on the plan claim about Josh?
4. What is pseudocide?
5. Where does Josh get money from?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)