|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh think about Beth when he considers his plans and their effect on her?
(a) He thinks she will be crushed.
(b) He hopes she will be upset so he will know that she cares about him.
(c) He doesn't think she will be affected.
(d) He thinks it will help her clarify what her feelings are.
2. How does Josh identify himself when the police ask him for identification?
(a) Bill McDonald.
(b) Henry Winker.
(c) Rob Daugherty.
(d) Gil Jackson.
3. What encouragement does Josh get when he visits Bloomingdale's?
(a) He overhears a beautician tell a woman she is beautiful.
(b) He overhears a woman telling her son that she's proud of him.
(c) He overhears a man telling his daughter to admire Larry.
(d) He overhears a man tell his wife to continue her work.
4. What does Josh tell Beth about the publicity?
(a) He wishes he had more wisdom to control it.
(b) He feels strangely fulfilled by it.
(c) He is afraid he does not have enough friends to withstand it.
(d) He is miserable because of it.
5. What does Josh plan to do in six months?
(a) Flee to Canada.
(b) Flee to Mexico.
(c) Return and say that he had lost his memory.
(d) Return and say that he was kidnapped.
6. What is Larryfest?
(a) A music festival.
(b) An economic summit.
(c) A film festival.
(d) An anti-consumerist festival.
7. Where does Josh get money from?
(a) He sells some stocks his mother left him.
(b) He goes without money, so he doesn't arouse suspicion.
(c) He takes all his savings.
(d) He steals it from Peter.
8. Which is NOT an advantage of Josh being revealed as Larry?
(a) Being commercialized.
(b) Reaching a wider audience.
(c) Talking with Bono.
(d) Talking with activists from Amnesty International.
9. What is the gist of the epigraph at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) There is no life without rebirth.
(b) Death is an illusion.
(c) Rebirth is costly.
(d) People knew that Christ was still alive.
10. What does the banner on the plan claim about Josh?
(a) That he drinks a certain soda.
(b) That he wears certain jeans.
(c) That he eats a certain candy.
(d) That he drives a certain car.
11. What does Josh throw over the falls?
(a) His shirt and bookbag.
(b) His pants and wallet and shoes.
(c) A dummy dressed like him.
(d) His shoes and sweatshirt.
12. Where does the epigraph at the beginning of Part 5 come from?
(a) The book of Luke.
(b) The book of Mark.
(c) The book of John.
13. What does media attention do to Josh?
(a) Gives him more cultural power.
(b) Preserves his privacy.
(c) Turns him into a product.
(d) Allows him to change more people's lives.
14. Where does Josh say he found his guidance, ultimately?
(a) In words themselves.
(b) In friends.
(c) In nature.
(d) In himself.
15. What does Josh look forward to in having died?
(a) Sleeping outside all the time.
(b) Moving about the country freely.
(c) Living outside the system.
(d) Not having to pay taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Josh from telling Beth that he is Larry?
2. What does Josh think about Peter when he considers his plans and their effect on him?
3. What does Josh say he can focus on, now that his manuscript is finished?
4. Where does Josh go after finishing his manuscript?
5. Where does Josh check into a motel?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)