|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy does Josh propose for helping Third World countries?
(b) More fundraisers.
(c) The World Bank could forgive some debt.
(d) Financing humanitarian missions.
2. How old was the person who gave Tashjian the manuscript?
3. What are Josh's feelings for Beth?
(a) He has loved her since sixth grade.
(b) They are just good friends.
(c) They have been going out for a month.
(d) He find her irritating but good to know.
4. Where is Josh's mother?
(a) She lives in California.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She moved away.
(d) She is in prison.
5. How many of the seniors in Josh's school are in the Larry fan club?
6. How does Josh's website put him in an awkward position?
(a) He has to start his own fan club.
(b) He forgets that no one knows he is Larry.
(c) He has to pretend that he thinks Larry is stupid.
(d) He has to pretend that he does not read Larry's writing.
7. What lesson has Josh learned from living with his stepfather?
(a) That products need niches.
(b) Not to take money for anything.
(c) To make himself indispensable.
(d) Not to give anything away.
8. How many hits does Josh get on Larry's site after Bono draws attention to it?
(a) More than five hundred thousand.
(b) Over a million.
(c) Over a hundred thousand.
(d) Four million.
9. What happens when 'Larry's' work becomes popular?
(a) Larry signs a book contract.
(b) Josh's anonymity is compromised.
(c) Christy refuses to publish his work.
(d) He splits with Josh.
10. What idea does Josh draw from 1984?
(a) The idea of simplifying life.
(b) The idea of making non-violent resistance to totalitarian culture.
(c) The idea of corporate control of people's lives.
(d) The idea of utopian living.
11. What does Josh say he wants to be?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A marketing executive.
(d) A hermit.
12. Where does Josh go to write sermon 113?
(a) The lakeshore.
(c) The forest.
(d) The basement.
13. What is the subject of the epigraph to Part 1?
(a) The truth of a messenger.
(b) The need to take one's own life as a measure of value.
(c) The need to examine your own life.
(d) The benefit of voluntary poverty.
14. Who is Peter?
(a) The boy Beth likes.
(b) Josh's father.
(c) Beth's boyfriend.
(d) Josh's stepfather.
15. What is NOT a reason for which Josh created the Larry website?
(a) Distraction from his grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many possessions does Josh have?
2. What tarot card does Beth pull for Josh?
3. What is Josh's stepfather's business?
4. What does Beth give herself for her birthday?
5. What does Josh agree to help Beth with?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)