|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh realize when he sees the size of the fan club?
(a) That people are angry about what he's said as Larry.
(b) That he can't keep pretending to be Larry.
(c) That no one knows who he is.
(d) That he is already changing the world.
2. Who does Josh say his mother belonged to?
3. What does Billy North determine about Larry?
(a) That he is a girl.
(b) That he is Josh.
(c) That he lives in New England.
(d) That he is high school.
4. What is Josh's response to what Tashjian tells him?
(a) That he needs to be honest.
(b) That he can't be responsible for other people's feelings.
(c) That he only has one life to live.
(d) That he can't protect people from themselves.
5. Why does Josh say he cannot sell a product?
(a) He refuses to handle money.
(b) He is non-materialistic.
(c) He is trying to give things away, not sell them.
(d) He doesn't want to buy things, so he tries to make things for himself.
6. Who attends the first Larry fan club meeting?
(a) The teeny-boppers.
(b) The smart students.
(c) Students from all cliques.
(d) The popular kids.
7. What curiosity does Beth share with betagold?
(a) Whether Larry is fabricating his information.
(b) Whether Larry really only has 75 possessions.
(c) Whether Josh is Larry.
(d) Whether Todd likes her.
8. What are Josh's feelings for Beth?
(a) He find her irritating but good to know.
(b) He has loved her since sixth grade.
(c) They have been going out for a month.
(d) They are just good friends.
9. When did Josh start to limit his possessions?
(a) In 8th grade.
(b) From early childhood.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) In 6th grade.
10. What is the term for the discussion of death?
11. What claim do people make about Josh Swensen?
(a) That he is bipolar.
(b) That he hates society.
(c) That he was institutionalized.
(d) That he is violent.
12. What lesson has Josh learned from living with his stepfather?
(a) Not to give anything away.
(b) That products need niches.
(c) Not to take money for anything.
(d) To make himself indispensable.
13. Who is Katherine?
(a) The girl who likes Josh.
(b) Josh's girlfriend.
(c) Peter's girlfriend.
(d) Beth's friend.
14. How does Janet Tashjian claim to have received the manuscript for 'The Gospel According to Larry'?
(a) A young man handed it to her at the supermarket.
(b) She received the submission at the press where she worked.
(c) She claimed to have discovered it in a box of her grandfather's papers.
(d) A young man thought it was hers and 'returned it' to her.
15. How many hits does Josh get on Larry's site after Bono draws attention to it?
(a) Four million.
(b) Over a hundred thousand.
(c) More than five hundred thousand.
(d) Over a million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Beth?
2. What does the person who gives Janet Tashjian the manuscript of 'The Gospel According to Larry' say about how she can reach him?
3. Who is Larry?
4. What are Josh's feelings about Katherine?
5. How many of the seniors in Josh's school are in the Larry fan club?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)