|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the quote at the opening of Part 1 come from?
(a) The Book of Mark.
(b) The book of John.
(d) The Book of Luke.
2. What ideas does Josh's website develop toward?
(a) Grass-roots political activity.
(b) Non-violent resistance to government.
(c) Election reform.
(d) Rebellion against culture.
3. How does Josh interpret signs of death around him?
(a) As predicting that someone around him will die.
(b) As predicting Larry's death.
(c) As predicting his death.
(d) As predicting a major change in his life.
4. What claim do people make about Josh Swensen?
(a) That he is bipolar.
(b) That he is violent.
(c) That he hates society.
(d) That he was institutionalized.
5. What answer does Josh get when he asks his mother whether she will help him change the world?
(a) A man says 'yes of course I will'.
(b) A mother says 'I won't allow you to do that'.
(c) A boy asks 'do we have to?'
(d) A woman says 'you must be crazy'.
6. What does Tashjian's editor think of the manuscript?
(a) She wants to publish it.
(b) She thinks it needs a lot of work.
(c) She is uncertain about its origins.
(d) She does not want to publish it.
7. What does Beth say to Josh's mother?
(a) That he is a really sweet guy.
(b) That she would be proud of him.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she's taking care of him.
8. How many of the seniors in Josh's school are in the Larry fan club?
9. Who is Todd?
(a) Josh's nemesis.
(b) Josh's friend.
(c) Beth's boyfriend.
(d) A jock whom Beth likes.
10. What is Josh's response to what Tashjian tells him?
(a) That he only has one life to live.
(b) That he can't be responsible for other people's feelings.
(c) That he needs to be honest.
(d) That he can't protect people from themselves.
11. When did Josh start to limit his possessions?
(a) In 6th grade.
(b) In 8th grade.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) From early childhood.
12. What does Josh Swensen supplement the manuscript with?
(a) Music CDs.
(c) Personal diary pages.
(d) A DVD.
13. Who is Katherine?
(a) Beth's friend.
(b) The girl who likes Josh.
(c) Peter's girlfriend.
(d) Josh's girlfriend.
14. What does Josh post on Larry's website in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A belt.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) A shirt.
15. What are Tashjian's feelings about the manuscript?
(a) She thinks it is a good start but needs a lot of work.
(b) She thinks it is important and should be published.
(c) She thinks it is not ready for publication yet.
(d) She thinks it is dangerous, and should be handed over to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since Josh's mother died?
2. What happens when 'Larry's' work becomes popular?
3. How many hits does Josh get on Larry's site after Bono draws attention to it?
4. How does Josh interpret the card Beth pulls for him?
5. What shocks Josh at the cemetery?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)