|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What climax takes place when Josh Swensen is identified as Larry?
(a) Josh's conversations with his mother are transformed into conversations with betagold.
(b) Bono becomes the father Josh always wanted.
(c) Josh's step-father recognizes his anti-consumerism as resentment, and they reconcile.
(d) The foreshadowing of death is fulfilled, and Josh Swensen 'dies'.
2. What does Josh complain about in a lecture after seeing Beth?
(a) Backstabbing friends.
(b) Predatory guys.
(c) Social climbing friends.
(d) Two-faced girls.
3. How does Josh buy himself an escape?
(a) He bribes a mailman.
(b) He gets a hotel room.
(c) He buys a disguise.
(d) He gets a bus ticket.
4. What aspect of betagold makes Josh think of his mother?
(a) Her lotion.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her voice.
5. Why does Beth ultimately break with Josh?
(a) Because her parents have threatened her if she sees him.
(b) Because she doesn't believe in his message any more.
(c) Because friendship should have been based on honesty.
(d) Because she considers him a sell-out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hits does Josh get on Larry's site after Bono draws attention to it?
2. How does Josh interpret the card Beth pulls for him?
3. How did Josh answer inquiries about his identity?
4. What is the gist of the epigraph for Part 5?
5. What answer does Josh get when he asks his mother whether she will help him change the world?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)