|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did American prisoners of war like to trade Red Cross packages with Indian prisoners of war?
2. According to James Rowe, why should government rationing not have been employed?
3. What was Battle Fatigue called during World War I?
4. How does Olga Norwak characterize wartime romance?
5. What did Joseph Levine say that Jewish children begged for after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Sheril Cunning sad about John Wayne war movies?
2. What does Gobeler think that sailors all over the world have in common?
3. According to John Kenneth Galbraith, what was ironic about the consumption of consumer goods during the war?
4. What does Sheril Cunning say communal spirit was like during the war?
5. How did Galatea Berger say the Third Reich was recorded in her school history classes?
6. What does Hans Gobeler believe is the greatest danger to the future of the world?
7. What does George Oremont say was required to make money during the war?
8. What do Elsie Rossio and Georgia Gleason agree about when discussing the war?
9. How did Ray Wax feel about his participation in the war?
10. What was the result of Joseph Small's mutiny trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some respondents expressed a complete change in attitude and feelings once having met the enemy face to face. Using examples from the text, explain what happened to many of the participants when they became more familiar with those on the other side of the conflict.
Essay Topic 2
Many respondents in these accounts expressed the opinion that the ultimate results of the war were basically positive. List and discuss the positive results of the conflict, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the learning experiences that changed people's thinking as the war progressed, such as meeting people from other parts of your own country or other parts of the world. Is it your opinion that the long-term effects of the conflict were good or bad? Give reasons for your opinion.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)