|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacques Rabou believe could be persuaded to follow another Hitler?
2. What kept Joseph Small from being injured when the barracks in Port Chicago was demolished?
3. What were the two big top secret projects?
4. According to Tommy Bridges, how were GI rapists and murderers punished?
5. How was Joseph Small released from the service?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Lowell Steward, what was the status of the black Tuskegee flying squadron?
2. How were thieves in the army able to fool the MPs, according to Alvin Bridges?
3. How does Bill Mauldin believe most infantrymen thought the war should be settled?
4. What does Hans Gobeler believe is the greatest danger to the future of the world?
5. Why was Eddie Slovik famous?
6. What does Gobeler think that sailors all over the world have in common?
7. What does Werner Burckhardt believe offers hope for the future of mankind?
8. Why does Jacques Raboud believe it will be difficult for his generation to erase hatred?
9. What happened to the city children from London who were shipped to safer areas in the country during the war, according to John Baker?
10. How did Ray Wax feel about his participation in the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the learning experiences that changed people's thinking as the war progressed, such as meeting people from other parts of your own country or other parts of the world. Is it your opinion that the long-term effects of the conflict were good or bad? Give reasons for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
There were a variety of attitudes displayed toward those who were conquered after the war by the conquerors. Discuss the differences in the way conquered people were treated, citing examples from the accounts in the text, and give your opinion as to the results of those decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Many respondents in these accounts expressed the opinion that the ultimate results of the war were basically positive. List and discuss the positive results of the conflict, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)