|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Walter Rosenblum do during WWII?
(a) He was a flautist in the army band.
(b) He was a brigade commander.
(c) He was a combat photographer.
(d) He was a Voice of America reporter.
2. How was Sheril Cunning's mother's war experience like the New York Stock Exchange?
(a) Neighbors bet on the outcome of battles.
(b) Neighbors gambled on commodities futures.
(c) Neighbors traded coupons for commodities.
(d) Neighbors bought war bonds together.
3. According to Lee Oremont, why did people splurge on food and liquor during the war?
(a) Consumers believed there was no future to save for.
(b) Consumers wanted to forget their troubles.
(c) Consumers had good jobs and couldn't get cars or gas.
(d) Consumers were storing those items.
4. What did the French army do instead of censoring mail?
(a) Threw it away.
(b) Held it for thirty days.
(c) Held it for six months.
(d) Held it for two weeks.
5. What was the first English phrase Japanese children learned after the war?
(a) "Merry Christmas to you, too."
(b) "Panel discussion."
(c) "Thank you very much."
(d) "It wasn't my fault."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James Rowe, when do Democrats become Republicans?
2. What was the OWI?
3. How many soldiers were killed when the ammunition dump at Port Chicago blew up?
4. How did Yasuko Kurachi Dower believe most Japanese civilians felt about the war?
5. According to Tommy Corcoran, how did Germany support their propaganda machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Sheril Cunning sad about John Wayne war movies?
2. What do Elsie Rossio and Georgia Gleason agree about when discussing the war?
3. How does Bill Mauldin believe most infantrymen thought the war should be settled?
4. Why does Jacques Raboud believe it will be difficult for his generation to erase hatred?
5. What was George Page's strategy for making money on rentals during the war?
6. According to Lowell Steward, what was the status of the black Tuskegee flying squadron?
7. What happened to the city children from London who were shipped to safer areas in the country during the war, according to John Baker?
8. What does Hans Gobeler believe is the greatest danger to the future of the world?
9. How were thieves in the army able to fool the MPs, according to Alvin Bridges?
10. How did Galatea Berger say the Third Reich was recorded in her school history classes?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)