|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept Joseph Small from being injured when the barracks in Port Chicago was demolished?
(a) He was under a bed.
(b) He had a mattress on top of him.
(c) He was under a desk.
(d) He was in a door jamb.
2. How was Joseph Small released from the service?
(a) He was given a discharge under honorable conditions.
(b) He was given an honorable discharge.
(c) He was given a dishonorable discharge.
(d) He was given a discharge under dishonorable conditions.
3. Why was Joseph Small tried for mutiny?
(a) He started a riot at Port Chicago.
(b) He persuaded other men to refuse to work.
(c) He started the explosion at Port Chicago.
(d) He refused to return to duty after the explosion at Port Chicago.
4. What did American soldiers do on the streets of Japan that was considered bad manners?
(a) Chew gum.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Flirt with women.
5. What did British boys learn in the Know Your Enemy program?
(a) Weapon recognition.
(b) German language.
(c) Fascist philosophy.
(d) Aircraft recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did John Wayne war movies have on Japanese children living in California, according to Sheril Cunning?
2. When did German teenagers in the Luftwaffe study for the flak brigade?
3. According to Bill Mauldin, what did Russia waste after the war?
4. What kept Herman Kogan from being afraid during the assaults on Sugarloaf Hill?
5. What does Erich Luth say the German nation lacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gobeler think that sailors all over the world have in common?
2. Why does Jacques Raboud believe it will be difficult for his generation to erase hatred?
3. Why did the FBI suspect the cartoonist, Milton Caniff?
4. What was George Page's strategy for making money on rentals during the war?
5. What was the result of Joseph Small's mutiny trial?
6. How did Galatea Berger say the Third Reich was recorded in her school history classes?
7. How were thieves in the army able to fool the MPs, according to Alvin Bridges?
8. What does Sheril Cunning say communal spirit was like during the war?
9. According to Yasuko Dower, what was different about American customs that she observed when the country was occupied by U.S. troops?
10. What does Werner Burckhardt believe offers hope for the future of mankind?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)