|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, how did the community in Long Beach change, according to Sheril Cunning?
(a) People were proud to sacrifice.
(b) People pulled together to rebuild.
(c) People were tired of sacrifice and began to complain.
(d) People welcomed the returning soldiers.
2. Who does Bill Mauldin think was the only nice guy among the WWII generals?
3. How did thieves among army personnel fool the MPs?
(a) The thieves would pretend they lost equipment.
(b) The thieves would sell equipment and claim it was stolen.
(c) The thieves would hide equipment and go back for it later.
(d) The thieves would over-report their battle losses.
4. How was Joseph Small released from the service?
(a) He was given an honorable discharge.
(b) He was given a discharge under honorable conditions.
(c) He was given a dishonorable discharge.
(d) He was given a discharge under dishonorable conditions.
5. What kept Herman Kogan from being afraid during the assaults on Sugarloaf Hill?
(a) He was too tired to be afraid.
(b) He was too intent on getting the story to be afraid.
(c) He was in no danger.
(d) He was unaware of the danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Leacock think was better about the army than Harvard?
2. When did German teenagers in the Luftwaffe study for the flak brigade?
3. According to Alfred Duckett, what bothered black soldiers most?
4. Why does Walter Rosenblum believe war photographers were privileged?
5. What were newsmen in the OWI not allowed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Galatea Berger say the Third Reich was recorded in her school history classes?
2. What do Elsie Rossio and Georgia Gleason agree about when discussing the war?
3. According to John Houseman, why was it important for the Office of War Information to broadcast defeats as well as victories?
4. What does Hans Gobeler believe is the greatest danger to the future of the world?
5. Why does Jacques Raboud believe it will be difficult for his generation to erase hatred?
6. According to John Kenneth Galbraith, what was ironic about the consumption of consumer goods during the war?
7. What was the result of Joseph Small's mutiny trial?
8. What was George Page's strategy for making money on rentals during the war?
9. According to Lowell Steward, what was the status of the black Tuskegee flying squadron?
10. What made Sheril Cunning sad about John Wayne war movies?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)