|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was each soldier's ration of cigarettes?
(a) A carton a week.
(b) A pack a week.
(c) A carton a day.
(d) A pack a day.
2. How does General William Buster feel about the Vietnam War?
(a) He thinks it was necessary.
(b) He thinks it was useless.
(c) He thinks it was heroic.
(d) He thinks it was unnecessary.
3. What does Lekachman believe World War II veterans feel about their war experiences?
(a) They were foolish and frightened then.
(b) They were fortunate then.
(c) They were better and more important then.
(d) They were gullible and deceived then.
4. What did Maurice Wilson think when he saw the Japanese war planes over Hawaii?
(a) "Here comes trouble."
(b) "Makes you proud to be an American."
(c) "Look what pretty planes we got."
(d) "Today might be my last on earth."
5. How long was the Bataan Death March?
(a) Two hundred miles.
(b) Sixty miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Forty miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Maurice Wilson think the Filipinos would hide American escapees from the Japanese prison camp?
2. What did most conversations among prisoners of war center around?
3. What did soldiers on troop ships understand about their destination, according to General William Buster?
4. Why does Jack Short think the GI bill might have been detrimental in the long run?
5. As soon as Japan surrendered, what did American soldiers do in Japan, according to Akira Miuri?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the respondents feel about the dropping of the bomb on Hiroshima?
2. What does Anton Bilek believe cost heavy loss of American lives in the Philippines?
3. What did Peter Ota say was different about Japanese-American culture before the war?
4. Why were civilians unkind to wounded war veterans, according to Betty Hutchinson?
5. How does Sarah Killingsworth feel now about the war?
6. What was the difference between the fate of Russian prisoners of war and American and British POWs?
7. What are some things that the young men in the war experienced for the first time?
8. How does Peggy Terry feel about war now?
9. How were the American prisoners of war treated by the German guards?
10. How did John Kenneth Galbraith feel about Allied bombing?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)