|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Peggy Terry happy during the war?
(a) She enjoyed the sense of camaraderie.
(b) For the first time, she had enough money.
(c) She loved her job.
(d) Shewanted to help defeat Hitler.
2. How does Mike Royko believe most U.S. soldiers felt about the Korean conflict?
(a) They didn't understand it.
(b) They wanted to defend South Korea.
(c) They were glad to have their chance to fight.
(d) They wanted to defeat North Korea.
3. How did Frank Keegan respond to the bombing of Hiroshima?
(a) He thought it was a miracle because it was new technology.
(b) He thought it was horrible because it killed innocent people.
(c) He thought it was unnecessary because they were winning anyway.
(d) He thought it was great because it stopped the war.
4. Why did Robert Rasmus believe the Americans should be grateful to the Russians?
(a) The Russians did the lion's share of the fighting.
(b) The Russians opened the door for the American invasion.
(c) The Russians diverted the German army.
(d) The Russians were their comrades and allies.
5. How does film critic Pauline Kael feel about the World War II movies?
(a) They were beautiful.
(b) They were harshly realistic.
(c) They were propaganda.
(d) They were a great support to the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ursula Bender feel about the war as a six-year-old child?
2. What was as important to Italian Americans as cars to mainstream Americans before WWII, according to Paul Pisicano?
3. What does Lekachman believe World War II veterans feel about their war experiences?
4. What did Maurice Wilson think when he saw the Japanese war planes over Hawaii?
5. What is a PAF?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some things that the young men in the war experienced for the first time?
2. How did the war affect college-aged men?
3. How did John Kenneth Galbraith feel about Allied bombing?
4. What did Peter Ota say was different about Japanese-American culture before the war?
5. What does Anton Bilek believe cost heavy loss of American lives in the Philippines?
6. How were the American prisoners of war treated by the German guards?
7. How did Pauline Kael feel about the movies during World War II?
8. How did Dellie Hahne see women's role in the war effort?
9. What did the respondents feel about the dropping of the bomb on Hiroshima?
10. What stereotypes developed in young people's thinking during the war?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)