|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby, Remembrance of Things Past, and Epilogue: Boom Babies and Other New People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard Prendergast say the biggest infantrymen are placed?
(a) In the rear with machine guns.
(b) Behind the rifles carrying mortars.
(c) On the front line carrying rifles.
(d) In the tanks.
2. What did Robert Rasmus think when he saw the ambulances arriving on the morning his group was attacking?
(a) That they were all in it together.
(b) That they would have immediate backup.
(c) That it was inevitable that bad things were about to happen.
(d) That modern medicine was a blessing.
3. What does Peter Ota tell us is worse than death in Japanese culture?
4. Why were American soldiers anxious to get points for earning medals?
(a) Soldiers wanted to impress their girlfriends.
(b) Soldiers wanted to impress their officers.
(c) Soldiers wanted to look good to their buddies.
(d) Soldiers were shipped home in order of accumulated points.
5. Why was Peggy Terry happy during the war?
(a) She loved her job.
(b) She enjoyed the sense of camaraderie.
(c) Shewanted to help defeat Hitler.
(d) For the first time, she had enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Anton Biler about his Japanese overseer in the prison camp?
2. How was Joseph Small released from the service?
3. How was Eddie Slovik punished for desertion?
4. How does Dellie Hahne believe military wives were regarded?
5. According to Alfred Duckett, what bothered black soldiers most?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)