|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby, Remembrance of Things Past, and Epilogue: Boom Babies and Other New People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does film critic Pauline Kael feel about the World War II movies?
(a) They were harshly realistic.
(b) They were beautiful.
(c) They were propaganda.
(d) They were a great support to the public.
2. What did Walter Rosenblum do during WWII?
(a) He was a brigade commander.
(b) He was a Voice of America reporter.
(c) He was a flautist in the army band.
(d) He was a combat photographer.
3. According to Joe Marcus, why are military men sympathetic to business?
(a) Military men strive to win over businessmen.
(b) Military men and businessmen are the same kind of people.
(c) Business supports the military.
(d) The military relies on business products.
4. Who did Jacques Raboud say were the most likely to survive prison camps?
(a) Those who planned to survive.
(b) Those who had good health.
(c) Those who were strongly religious.
(d) Those who gave up.
5. Why were civilians saving fat during the war?
(a) To make soap.
(b) To make lotions.
(c) To make nitroglycerine.
(d) To make salve.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tommy Corcoran, how did Germany support their propaganda machine?
2. What did Paul Pisicano believe Italian Americans felt about the Axis countries in World War II?
3. What changes does Admiral Larocque believe WWII caused in American national consciousness?
4. Why was John Garcia brought before a navy court?
5. What is the difference between an Anderson shelter and a Morrison shelter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)