|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Crime and Punishment, A Turning Point, and Chilly Winds..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Drude teach his high school students in Hamburg about the Nazis?
(a) The Nazis could be defeated.
(b) The Nazis were unconquerable.
(c) The Nazis were morally correct.
(d) The Nazis were incorruptible.
2. What was a victory girl?
(a) A military nurse.
(b) A girl who danced at the USO and wrote letters to soldiers.
(c) A girl who sang with Bob Hope.
(d) A girl who joined the Women's Army Corps.
3. What did Goebler see for the first time when the Americans rescued the German submarine crew?
(a) People speaking English.
(b) Black men.
(c) Sophisticated equipment.
(d) Courtesy in war.
4. What did people in Paducah burn in a bonfire?
(a) All their German products.
(b) Posters of Hitler.
(c) All their Japanese products.
(d) Emperor Hirohito's effigy.
5. What did Maurice Wilson think when he saw the Japanese war planes over Hawaii?
(a) "Look what pretty planes we got."
(b) "Today might be my last on earth."
(c) "Here comes trouble."
(d) "Makes you proud to be an American."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a PAF?
2. According to Joe Marcus, why are military men sympathetic to business?
3. Who does Bill Mauldin think was the only nice guy among the WWII generals?
4. According to Tommy Bridges, how were GI rapists and murderers punished?
5. How did Ursula Bender feel about the war as a six-year-old child?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)