|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through High Rank and The Bombers and the Bombed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did E.B. Sledge say the war did to American soldiers?
(a) Turned them into savages.
(b) Turned them into cowards.
(c) Turned them into idiots.
(d) Turned them into patriots.
2. What does Lekachman believe World War II veterans feel about their war experiences?
(a) They were foolish and frightened then.
(b) They were gullible and deceived then.
(c) They were better and more important then.
(d) They were fortunate then.
3. How did American soldiers kill Hawaiian civilians?
(a) Believing they were Japanese spies.
(b) Firing short-range weapons at Japanese airplanes.
(c) Dropping bombs on Honolulu.
(d) Confusing them with Japanese army personnel.
4. What changes does Admiral Larocque believe WWII caused in American national consciousness?
(a) Planning for war was a religious act.
(b) Planning for war was forever to be avoided.
(c) Planning for war was unavoidable.
(d) Planning for war became permanently institutionalized.
5. What causes the disease of beriberi, that stops kidney function?
(a) Lack of Vitamin C.
(b) Lack of protein.
(c) Lack of Vitamin B1.
(d) Lack of potassium.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dellie Hahne believe military wives were regarded?
2. What did Jean Wood say was the result of deprivation during the war?
3. As soon as Japan surrendered, what did American soldiers do in Japan, according to Akira Miuri?
4. Why did Robert Rasmus believe the Americans should be grateful to the Russians?
5. What did the Japanese code of war, Bushido, mean?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)