|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of the Pacific and The Good Reuben James.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the Geneva Convention, what type of work did prisoners of war not have to do?
(b) Manufacture of war material.
(d) Road repair.
2. What causes the disease of beriberi, that stops kidney function?
(a) Lack of potassium.
(b) Lack of Vitamin B1.
(c) Lack of Vitamin C.
(d) Lack of protein.
3. Why did Robert Rasmus believe fighting the Russians would fail?
(a) The Russians were better equipped.
(b) The Russian generals were better strategists.
(c) The Russians were better fighters.
(d) The Russians were willing to sacrifice millions of troops.
4. Why does Richard Prendergast say the pillboxes were of no use to the infantrymen?
(a) The soldiers had to keep marching past them.
(b) They had all been blasted to pieces.
(c) They faced the wrong way.
(d) They were hiding places for German infantrymen.
5. What percentage of the marines in the Guadalcanal campaign were under twenty-one years of age?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Eighty percent.
(d) One hundred percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Peter Bezich ordered to sell his boat?
2. What surprised Anton Biler about his Japanese overseer in the prison camp?
3. Why did Robert Rasmus believe the Americans should be grateful to the Russians?
4. Where was Robert Rasmus when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
5. What does Jun Kurose say that the Friends Service Committee advised Japanese internees to do?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)