|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of the Pacific and The Good Reuben James.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was John Garcia brought before a navy court?
(a) He refused to go into a burning ship.
(b) He was firing unauthorized ammunition.
(c) He lied about his age to enlist.
(d) He was accused of aiding the enemy.
2. Why was Peter Bezich ordered to sell his boat?
(a) He was getting strafed by his own men.
(b) He was envied by the local Filipinos.
(c) His buddies were jealous.
(d) He was suspected of trying to escape.
3. What did E.B. Sledge say the war did to American soldiers?
(a) Turned them into cowards.
(b) Turned them into savages.
(c) Turned them into patriots.
(d) Turned them into idiots.
4. Why didn't the American prisoners of war in Germany try to escape?
(a) They were watched every minute.
(b) They were shackled.
(c) There was nowhere to go.
(d) They were afraid they'd be shot.
5. Why did Peter Bezich's son go to prison?
(a) He refused to be drafted.
(b) He tried to assassinate the president.
(c) He burned the flag.
(d) He joined the Communist party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maurice Wilson think when he saw the Japanese war planes over Hawaii?
2. What does Robert Lekachman believe was his salvation in the war?
3. How long was the Bataan Death March?
4. Where does Richard Prendergast say the biggest infantrymen are placed?
5. How did Frank Keegan respond to the bombing of Hiroshima?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)