|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of the Pacific and The Good Reuben James.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Robert Rasmus believe the Americans should be grateful to the Russians?
(a) The Russians were their comrades and allies.
(b) The Russians diverted the German army.
(c) The Russians did the lion's share of the fighting.
(d) The Russians opened the door for the American invasion.
2. Why did Anton Biler join the army?
(a) To defend his country.
(b) To learn a trade.
(c) To defeat the Nazis.
(d) To get an education.
3. What did E.B. Sledge say the war did to American soldiers?
(a) Turned them into savages.
(b) Turned them into patriots.
(c) Turned them into cowards.
(d) Turned them into idiots.
4. Under the Geneva Convention, what type of work did prisoners of war not have to do?
(a) Manufacture of war material.
(c) Road repair.
5. Why did Peter Bezich's son go to prison?
(a) He joined the Communist party.
(b) He burned the flag.
(c) He tried to assassinate the president.
(d) He refused to be drafted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many support personnel were behind each rifleman?
2. Why was John Garcia brought before a navy court?
3. Why did Robert Rasmus believe fighting the Russians would fail?
4. What surprised Anton Biler about his Japanese overseer in the prison camp?
5. Where does Richard Prendergast say the biggest infantrymen are placed?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)