|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of the Pacific and The Good Reuben James.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Peter Bezich's son go to prison?
(a) He joined the Communist party.
(b) He tried to assassinate the president.
(c) He refused to be drafted.
(d) He burned the flag.
2. Where does Richard Prendergast say the biggest infantrymen are placed?
(a) On the front line carrying rifles.
(b) Behind the rifles carrying mortars.
(c) In the rear with machine guns.
(d) In the tanks.
3. Why were thirty-two American servicemen killed after hearing the announcement of Japan's surrender?
(a) Executions for war crimes.
(b) Retaliation from the Hawaiian Japanese.
(c) Stray bullets from the celebration.
(d) Collisions caused by drunk driving.
4. Why did the soldiers in the Philippines write home, "Cancel the bonds."
(a) They didn't think bonds were a good investment.
(b) They didn't believe in the war.
(c) They thought the war was over.
(d) They didn't want to support MacArthur's excesses.
5. Why did Anton Biler join the army?
(a) To defend his country.
(b) To defeat the Nazis.
(c) To get an education.
(d) To learn a trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did MacArthur land twice when returning to the Philippines?
2. Why does Richard Prendergast say the pillboxes were of no use to the infantrymen?
3. Why was Peter Bezich ordered to sell his boat?
4. How did Robert Rasmus feel looking at the faces of the German dead?
5. What percentage of the marines in the Guadalcanal campaign were under twenty-one years of age?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)