|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Crime and Punishment, A Turning Point, and Chilly Winds..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard Prendergast say the pillboxes were of no use to the infantrymen?
(a) They had all been blasted to pieces.
(b) They were hiding places for German infantrymen.
(c) They faced the wrong way.
(d) The soldiers had to keep marching past them.
2. How long was the Bataan Death March?
(a) Sixty miles.
(b) Forty miles.
(c) Two hundred miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
3. According to Alfred Duckett, what bothered black soldiers most?
(a) The mistreatment of new recruits.
(b) The treatment of their visiting wives and girlfriends.
(c) The lack of opportunities for advancement.
(d) The lack of equal opportunities for combat.
4. How did Frank Keegan and his high school buddies respond to the invasion of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Waited to be drafted.
(b) Waited with guns on the beach.
(c) Enlisted in the army.
(d) Built bomb shelters.
5. Why did Peter Bezich's son go to prison?
(a) He tried to assassinate the president.
(b) He refused to be drafted.
(c) He joined the Communist party.
(d) He burned the flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mike Royko spent nights in a pitch-black apartment as a child during the war?
2. What did Ted Allenby promise the homosexual soldiers in his chaplaincy?
3. Why were the Japanese pleased when American officers chose their homes to occupy?
4. What does the classification 4E mean to a soldier?
5. How did American soldiers kill Hawaiian civilians?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)