|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Crime and Punishment, A Turning Point, and Chilly Winds..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Galatea Berger remember soldiers smelled in Germany?
(a) Soldiers smelled like alcohol and tobacco.
(b) Soldiers smelled like gunpowder.
(c) Soldiers smelled unwashed and unpleasant.
(d) Soldiers smelled like cigarettes, gum, and chocolates.
2. What was Battle Fatigue called during World War I?
(a) Shell shock.
(b) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
(c) Attention deficit disorder.
(d) Restless leg syndrome.
3. Why does Robert Rasmus say he could remember people he knew for a short time many years ago?
(a) They kept in touch over the years.
(b) The war made everything more memorable.
(c) His short-term memory is weaker.
(d) He looks at the yearbooks from time to time.
4. Why were the Japanese pleased when American officers chose their homes to occupy?
(a) It meant their homes were superior.
(b) It meant they would get rent payments.
(c) It meant they would have plenty of food.
(d) It meant they would receive reparations.
5. According to Tommy Corcoran, why did Britain decide to fight Japan?
(a) British interests in the Far East were imperiled.
(b) They were outraged by Pearl Harbor.
(c) They were supporting their ally, China.
(d) They were already mobilized against Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Rasmus think when he saw the ambulances arriving on the morning his group was attacking?
2. According to Joe Marcus, why are military men sympathetic to business?
3. Why did Erich Luth refuse to fire his gun in the German army?
4. How was Joseph Small released from the service?
5. What advantage does Alfred Duckett believe the war offered blacks?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)