|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rosie, Neighborhood Boys, and Reflections on Machismo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul Pisicano believe Italian Americans felt about the Axis countries in World War II?
(a) Italian Americans were ashamed of Mussolini.
(b) Italian Americans were neutral about the war.
(c) Italian Americans wanted to fight on Italian soil.
(d) Italian Americans were against Hitler and the Japanese, but not the Italians.
2. What does Paul Pisicano believe binds American suburbians?
(a) Anti-Jewish sentiment.
(b) Anti-black sentiment.
(c) Anti-Italian sentiment.
(d) Anti-German sentiment.
3. How does Mike Royko believe most U.S. soldiers felt about the Korean conflict?
(a) They wanted to defeat North Korea.
(b) They didn't understand it.
(c) They were glad to have their chance to fight.
(d) They wanted to defend South Korea.
4. Why does Robert Rasmus say he could remember people he knew for a short time many years ago?
(a) He looks at the yearbooks from time to time.
(b) They kept in touch over the years.
(c) His short-term memory is weaker.
(d) The war made everything more memorable.
5. How long was the Bataan Death March?
(a) Sixty miles.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Two hundred miles.
(d) Forty miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard Prendergast say the biggest infantrymen are placed?
2. What did most conversations among prisoners of war center around?
3. How did the people of Pasadena react to the sight of wounded veterans?
4. What does the classification 4E mean to a soldier?
5. What percentage of the marines in the Guadalcanal campaign were under twenty-one years of age?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)