|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rosie, Neighborhood Boys, and Reflections on Machismo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the disease of beriberi, that stops kidney function?
(a) Lack of potassium.
(b) Lack of Vitamin C.
(c) Lack of Vitamin B1.
(d) Lack of protein.
2. What does Jun Kurose say that the Friends Service Committee advised Japanese internees to do?
(a) Go willingly to the camps.
(b) Refuse to leave their homes.
(c) Arm themselves for self-defense.
(d) Find attorneys to plead their cause.
3. What does Peter Ota tell us is worse than death in Japanese culture?
4. What did Ted Allenby promise the homosexual soldiers in his chaplaincy?
(a) "I will pave the way for you to get out of the military."
(b) "I will pave the way for you to stay in the military."
(c) "I will fight for your civil rights."
(d) "I will guarantee your veteran's benefits."
5. Why did the Germans want to keep the American prisoners of war out of Allied hands?
(a) They were afraid of what the prisoners would do in retaliation.
(b) The prisoners were their only bargaining point.
(c) They were remorseful about their mistreatment.
(d) They expected the war to go on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What black market item was in demand among Russian troops in Vienna in 1945?
2. Why didn't the American prisoners of war in Germany try to escape?
3. How did Robert Rasmus feel about escaping the Battle of the Bulge because of the flu?
4. What does Robert Lekachman believe was his salvation in the war?
5. What did E.B. Sledge say the war did to American soldiers?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)