|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rosie, Neighborhood Boys, and Reflections on Machismo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the people of Pasadena react to the sight of wounded veterans?
(a) With parades in their honor.
(b) With requests to keep them off the streets.
(c) With visits to the VA hospitals.
(d) With gifts and offers of help.
2. How many support personnel were behind each rifleman?
3. Why were thirty-two American servicemen killed after hearing the announcement of Japan's surrender?
(a) Collisions caused by drunk driving.
(b) Stray bullets from the celebration.
(c) Retaliation from the Hawaiian Japanese.
(d) Executions for war crimes.
4. Why were civilians saving fat during the war?
(a) To make soap.
(b) To make nitroglycerine.
(c) To make salve.
(d) To make lotions.
5. Why did the Japanese overseers get angry if the American prisoners killed a snake?
(a) They liked to eat snake.
(b) They didn't want working prisoners poisoned.
(c) They worshipped snakes.
(d) They didn't want prisoners fighting over food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Anton Biler join the army?
2. What right for ex-felons did John Abbott win in the Supreme Court?
3. What did E.B. Sledge say the war did to American soldiers?
4. What does Lekachman believe World War II veterans feel about their war experiences?
5. What does Robert Lekachman believe was his salvation in the war?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)