|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flying High and Up Front with Pen, Camera, and Mike.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Walter Rosenblum believe war photographers were privileged?
(a) They had access to army rations.
(b) They had a front row seat for history.
(c) They could live off base.
(d) They were popular.
2. What were newsmen in the OWI not allowed to do?
(a) Broadcast commentary.
(b) Broadcast non-official news.
(c) Broadcast breaking stories.
(d) Broadcast news.
3. What did Sarah Killingsworth believe the war offered to her and her family?
(a) Jobs that paid well.
(b) A path for acceptance in the white world.
4. How did Yasuko Kurachi Dower believe most Japanese civilians felt about the war?
5. How does Dellie Hahne believe military wives were regarded?
(a) Military wives were overprotected.
(b) Military wives were looked down upon.
(c) Military wives were venerated.
(d) Military wives were physically abused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between an Anderson shelter and a Morrison shelter?
2. According to Alfred Duckett, what bothered black soldiers most?
3. What did Betty Hutchinson say WWII veterans told their children about the war?
4. What does Dellie Hahne say was the duty of young women during the war?
5. How did the Japanese people feel about the Japanese war veterans?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)