|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flying High and Up Front with Pen, Camera, and Mike.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Dellie Hahne to begin to distrust her government?
(a) The change in status of Russia from enemy to ally.
(b) The unkind treatment of war brides.
(c) The pressure to marry a soldier.
(d) The ration system.
2. What advantage does Alfred Duckett believe the war offered blacks?
(d) A chance to prove themselves.
3. Why were civilians saving fat during the war?
(a) To make lotions.
(b) To make soap.
(c) To make salve.
(d) To make nitroglycerine.
4. Why did Mike Royko spent nights in a pitch-black apartment as a child during the war?
(a) The government cut off electricity.
(b) The air raid wardens called for blackouts.
(c) Chicago was under attack.
(d) His parents were too poor to pay for electricity.
5. What did Walter Rosenblum do during WWII?
(a) He was a flautist in the army band.
(b) He was a brigade commander.
(c) He was a Voice of America reporter.
(d) He was a combat photographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between an Anderson shelter and a Morrison shelter?
2. What impressed Herman Kogan about the trainees in boot camp?
3. What black market item was in demand among Russian troops in Vienna in 1945?
4. What did people in Paducah burn in a bonfire?
5. What did American soldiers do on the streets of Japan that was considered bad manners?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)