|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flying High and Up Front with Pen, Camera, and Mike.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dellie Hahne believe military wives were regarded?
(a) Military wives were venerated.
(b) Military wives were physically abused.
(c) Military wives were looked down upon.
(d) Military wives were overprotected.
2. Why was Peggy Terry happy during the war?
(a) Shewanted to help defeat Hitler.
(b) She loved her job.
(c) For the first time, she had enough money.
(d) She enjoyed the sense of camaraderie.
3. Why didn't Henry Hatfield want to broadcast the destruction done to German cities?
(a) He thought Germany was old news.
(b) He thought other stories were more compelling.
(c) He didn't think Americans wanted to gloat.
(d) He was heartsick at the ruins he observed.
4. What proportion of the inhabitants of Leningrad died when Hitler's forces laid siege to the city?
5. How does film critic Pauline Kael feel about the World War II movies?
(a) They were harshly realistic.
(b) They were propaganda.
(c) They were beautiful.
(d) They were a great support to the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Leacock say was his worst memory of WWII?
2. Why does Jack Short think the GI bill might have been detrimental in the long run?
3. When did German teenagers in the Luftwaffe study for the flak brigade?
4. How did the Japanese people feel about the Japanese war veterans?
5. What does the classification 4E mean to a soldier?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)