|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flying High and Up Front with Pen, Camera, and Mike.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yasuko Kurachi Dower believe most Japanese civilians felt about the war?
2. Why was Walter Rosenblum welcomed in French farmhouses during the war?
(a) He had access to army rations.
(b) He was an entertaining storyteller.
(c) He brought news from the front.
(d) He offered protection from looters.
3. What did Ted Allenby promise the homosexual soldiers in his chaplaincy?
(a) "I will pave the way for you to stay in the military."
(b) "I will guarantee your veteran's benefits."
(c) "I will pave the way for you to get out of the military."
(d) "I will fight for your civil rights."
4. What was the OWI?
(a) Obvious War Information.
(b) Office of War Information.
(c) Outstanding War Information.
(d) Official War Information.
5. What was a victory girl?
(a) A girl who danced at the USO and wrote letters to soldiers.
(b) A girl who joined the Women's Army Corps.
(c) A girl who sang with Bob Hope.
(d) A military nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mike Royko spent nights in a pitch-black apartment as a child during the war?
2. What did John Baker know if he heard an up-and-down howling siren as a child?
3. What racism did Sheril Cunning experience growing up in California?
4. What does Dellie Hahne say was the duty of young women during the war?
5. Why were civilians saving fat during the war?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)