|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nancy Rufford live before she begins living with the Ashburnhams?
(a) In a convent school.
(b) With her parents in the British countryside.
(c) In the slums of Bombay.
(d) In a boarding school for the arts.
2. Soon after the Dowells are married, Florence Dowell asks her husband to hold something for her. What is the object Florence asks her husband to hold?
(a) A case of medicine.
(b) A perfume bottle.
(c) A Chinese vase.
(d) A glass necklace.
3. What does Leonora Ashburnham tell Nancy Rufford about the whereabouts of Nancy's mother?
(a) She tells her that her mother has passed away.
(b) She tells her that her mother has been kidnapped.
(c) She tells her that her mother has become a homeless drifter.
(d) She tells her that her mother has run off with a young man.
4. In what room of the castle does Florence Dowell touch Captain Edward Ashburnham?
(a) The room in which Martin Luther ate.
(b) The room in which Martin Luther slept.
(c) The room in which Martin Luther died.
(d) The room in which Martin Luther composed his writings.
5. Which character discovers Florence Dowell's dead body?
(a) John Dowell.
(b) Captain Edward Ashburnham.
(c) Leonora Ashburnham.
(d) Nancy Rufford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is John Dowell drawn to Leonora Ashburnham?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Florence Dowell try to convince Leonora Ashburnham to do?
3. When John Dowell's wife passes away, what does he want to do with the money he inherits from her estate?
4. What is Nauheim ?
5. Who, according to Leonora Ashburnham, has the upper hand in the Dowell's marriage?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)